Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

http://www.comicbookresources.com/a...t-before-watchmen-turning-down-grant-morrison

Which was followed up over on Tom Brevoot's tumblr by...

http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com/

2. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

None of what he is saying is new or unknown, but albeit with a Marvel spin. Cooke threw the drink at Alonso (before he was EiC at Marvel) at SDCC after Marvel had announced the project (without him) assuming they had stolen his idea. The story repackaged there implies that Cooke didn't get the job because he threw the drink when the sequence of events is the opposite.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Mike Marts has quit or departed Marvel Comics for another unknown publisher which I assume we will find out in the coming days. I can't say that I'm surprised about this. I wonder who will take over?

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04/13/mike-marts-quits-marvel-comics-as-x-editor/

Okay...never mind answer's been given. Setting up his own publishing company.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/04...et-up-new-comics-publisher-aftershock-comics/

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  4. Hound of UIster

You mean as Executive Editor? Maybe Nick Lowe. But it's really surprising since he had just moved back to Marvel from DC. And it seems Disney/Marvel trying to downplay the X-books really was a legitimate issue there. No idea for the X-books. It would be nice if they promoted Katie Kubert.

I wonder if we'll see Morrison writing for Aftershock.

Thor Preview

http://www.comicbookresources.com/comic-previews/thor-7-marvel-comics-2015

Looks it might be Jane Foster after all or at least not Aaron's newly introduced female character

5. Admiral_Young

If it is Jane then she lied to Thor about not wanting to be saved from the cancer, or had this thrusted upon her by Freja which is entirely possible. However The kiss between Female Thor and Thor in issue four or five seemed to take Thor off guard as in being a new kiss, he'd probably be familiar with Jane's lips and even the Female Thor had a new kiss reaction, Jane would not , even if they'd been enchanted by Freja's magic. I still think it's Roz.

I meant X-Men Group Book Editor...I'd be happy if Nick Lowe returned, and yes despite the fans denials or whatever...there is something with the X-Books, but no one really knows the exact story and it seems to be more liscensor related than anything else.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

who's Roz?

7. Admiral_Young

Shield Agent Roz Solomon created by Jason Aaron during his first "Thor" arc and new psuedo love interest of Thor's. Currently theorized as Female Thor.

8. Hound of UIster

That cancer plot imo was very problematic for that reason. Her becoming the new Thor was one of the few ways that Aaron could have redeemed that story.

9. Admiral_Young

I guess so. I guess I'm just high on it being Roz. It seemed liked Aaron was closing Jane and Thor's arc...but I figured he would find someway to get out of it.

10. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

it always seemed a bit odd to me. it was like, oh Jane has cancer...time to go to Asgardia. you'd think someone who was important to Thor for so long would have a better send off.

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

She's done the body swap thing with Sif.

Either that's what gave her cancer, or why the frakk didn't it fix her up?

12. Hound of UIster

Given the importance of the movies to Marvel and how they are the tail wagging the dog, it's precisely the reason why I never bought into the possibility she would actually die since Natalie Portman is still attached to them.

13. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I still think it's Tarene. The ending of issue #6 was so unsubtle about Roz that I can only think that's a red herring.

14. Admiral_Young

I'm just glad we're talking about "Thor" it's been a pretty good book so far.

15. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

I think Roz is a red herring, given that as of the current issue the new Thor has been active for only five days yet Roz was next to the hammer several weeks ago.

My money's on Susan Richards, with Eric Masterson as an outlier.

16. Hound of UIster

That is a distinct possibility given tha Aaron has essentially being taking the high points of the Jurgen's run for his run of Thor.

17. Allyn Gibson

After issue #7, unless there's an insane twist coming in the final issue before Secret Wars, it's pretty inescapable that Thor is Roz. Thanks to the flashback, we now know that she had the means and opportunity to reach Mjolnir and didn't even need a spacesuit to stand next to the hammer.

18. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The insane twist is that it's a cross dressing gay dude.

"Surgery might be nice for some people, but I highly recommend Asgardian magic to split your sausage if you can get hold of some".

19. Hound of UIster

But she has never seen the Destroyer fight before while the new Thor has claimed that she has.

20. Allyn Gibson

Oddly enough, after more thought last night, I came back to the Tarene theory for pretty much that reason. And also, if Thor is Roz, then this has been a terrible, terrible mystery in its unfolding. :)