Would Tomb Raider-type movies work better with lesbian protagonists?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gaith, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: Would Tomb Raider-type movies work better with lesbian protagonist

Zombie thread (again), I know, yadda yadda...

Actually, he was a bigger badass than her: he was a trained Marine, knew how to set up drone guns, knew how to fire a gun, and even rescued her by jumping through a glass window, then prying the face-hugger off her with his own bare hands. She was just as smart, and knew more about the threat, but until he got injured (because he was doing the bulk of the shooting), there was no doubt that he was physically stronger than her, and would win in a one-on-one fight.

As to my OP thesis, I wouldn't call Alien an action movie but a thriller. And Aliens is definitely an action movie, but since Hicks is both not the main emotional interest and physically stronger, it hardly qualifies as a Tomb Raider-type contemporary actioner in which which the protagonist is superhuman-strong.

So, I stand by my original point. And might I add how telling it is that Wonder Woman is headed for the small, rather than the big screen, where her project's aesthetic will very probably be closer to the Alias/Buffy drama-show-with-action-beats mode, rather than Walker, Texas Ranger's flat-out action style!

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Way to respond to a post made five months ago.

3. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Sorry, what? My new glasses automatically filter out annoying put-downs, and I can't read your post. What does it say?

4. saturn5

saturn5 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Really what film/TV series wouldn't work better without beautiful lesbian protagonists, fun for everyone!;)