Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Alidar Jarok, Jan 21, 2010.

?

How excited are you that I'm here?

1. W00t!! Let's get this party started!

393 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. I'm ok with it, I'll live.

116 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Meh.

27 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. BOO!! GO AWAY!!!

13 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. TenLubak

TenLubak Commander Red Shirt

:evil:

2. TenLubak

TenLubak Commander Red Shirt

The real favotite of all our TNG that never happened......nothing more to say about me disquesting 'fr

3. Ensign Ro

Ensign Ro Ensign Red Shirt

Well hello there and welcome to this sweet message board. Hold it, I got that wrong. You should tell me welcome and glad you joined. Glad I got in that in time. Any way, I will not be a hog in posting. Maybe 5 posts per day. I only post if there is a reason to post. Now why am I posting. Oh yes, a nice comment to say I am new to this place. Note to myself, I need a stock welcome comment every time I join a new board. Note to myself again, I will lose it on my computer.

Anyway, do you know of any good star trek message boards? Hold it, I just joined one. Now I have to write a welcome intro. Poor me, I am doing that right now.

Have fun and keep on posting.

4. Captain Shade

Captain Shade Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Welcome aboard, Cadet Ensign!

5. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

Welcome to the mad house :D

6. Captain Shade

Welcome to the house of fun now I've come of age. Welcome to the lion's den, temptation's on it's way. Welcome to the house of fun!

Sorry...Couldn't resist.

7. Ensign Ro

Ensign Ro Ensign Red Shirt

I know the mad house. I am a member of the House of Mad. Everyone calls themselves Kings and Queens and they dream of the Kingdom of Scotland. :rommie:

:rofl:

8. kirsten187

I wouldn't be so sure since I live there.....:wtf:

9. Drone

Drone Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hi all!!! I have been a member for quite a while but screwed up when attempting to change my just entered profile and then no longer felt jazzed to fix things so I could post on the thread that prompted me to sign up in the first place.

But I finally took the plunge a few weeks ago and am really enjoying it. I find that I'm looking at a far wider range of forums then I ever did before, though I am still partial to Voyager. As an added benefit, I think that posting really sharpens my focus at work. Oops, I don't know what I was saying. I would never post while working....shazbat shazbat... ;)

10. kirsten187

Another poster from work?! Wait, what am I saying?! At home just now, never post from work...

11. ElimGarak.93-99

ElimGarak.93-99 Captain Captain

Hello everyone,

My teen years where filled with watching TNG, DS9 and VOY, later on I saw TOS.

12. zombie1701

zombie1701 Ensign Newbie

Hello all!!
    Newbie here perhaps but I remember watching TOS LIVE back in the day. With Netflix, I have caught up on all of the series except for DS9. I find that I am partial to VOY and Enterprise along with TOS obviously. Well, for now that is me. Take it easy on an old guy!:rommie:

13. Captain Shade

Welcome to the young Elim, and the old Zombie!

14. Enterprise1701

Enterprise1701 Commodore Commodore

Hello everyone. I joined the Trek BBS a few weeks ago but I haven't properly introduced myself here.

The first Star Trek I can remember seeing was the moment in "Tomorrow is Yesterday" when the Enterprise accidentally transports that other 20th century military officer aboard. I saw this moment while I was at someone else's home about a decade ago. At the time I was confused as to whether the Enterprise crew were time travelers or aliens who had accidentally teleported someone. At various points after that I saw the Star Trek films on DVD at my local libraries, but I didn't know what to think of them since I was already a Star Wars fan. Then while my family was in a hotel on our way back from Florida I saw "Storm Front" and "Storm Front, Part II" on SyFy. I loved it instantly. Soon afterwards I read about the Star Trek franchise on Wikipedia, watched more Star Trek: Enterprise episodes on the official Star Trek website, checked out some of the movies on DVD, and began reading Memory Alpha all the time, etc. Now here I am at last on a Star Trek forum discussing my favorite science fiction franchise with fellow fans.

I like Star Trek: The Next Generation the best out of the Star Trek television series, and I love the modern Pocket Books novels. My favorite non-human species is the Vulcans, my favorite characters are either Spock, Sulu, Picard, Data, or Worf, and my favorite ship is either the Enterprise-D or the Enterprise-E.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
  15. Ren2589

Ren2589 Ensign Newbie

Ello everyone! I'm new here. I was introduced to Star Trek via a book called Star Trek Enterprise Last Full Measure. I still have it and still enjoy reading it. The fist episode of star trek I saw was Q Who. Movie wise was the Undiscovered Country. How is everyone? Does anyone like plants?

16. Captain Shade

Welcome Ren...I'm partial to Black Lady Slipper Orchids, myself.

17. Ren2589

Ren2589 Ensign Newbie

Orchids are really pretty. I love Lavender Roses and Lilies. What's your favorite part of this forum?

18. Captain Shade

Yeah. And the black ones (which technically aren't really black) are also quite rare. The fan art section...I draw ship multi-views, in MS Paint (XP)... http://captshade.deviantart.com/

There are some fine artists, and ship designers, on trekbbs.com. I wish I had half their talent.

19. Mr Speck

Mr Speck Ensign Newbie

Somewhere between the past and the future
    Hello there! My name is Speck and I'm a Trekoholic.
    I'm currently on a mission to watch all the TV shows and movies in original release order. Just got started with TOS.
    After I'm done, I reckon I'll be hooked for life. I have seen a lot of this franchise over the years and know quite a few things about it, but now, it's time to get serious ;)

20. Captain Shade

Welcome! You gotta lot of hours, ahead of you