Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Marvel Now/ReEvolution Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Not surprised that Cho found a way to work in the Savage Land into this book. This looks self contained...so I'll probably passed on it. Wasn't interested when it was first rumoured anyway.

2. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

nah, they're still married.

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

They have an open relationship. ;)

4. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

At first blush this premise seems to not make much sense to me.
    Shanna is well versed on being in the Savage Land. She knows all the "shortcuts" through the terrain, the "backroads" if you will of the Savage Land. She's been surviving there for years and Logan's always been a survivor of whatever situation he was placed(alone or team) in so this is a great thesis how?

And just where is Ka-Zar and Zabu?

Even though I'm trimming back my reading list at the top of the year this is the type book that had it been just Savage Land with either just Shanna or Ka-Zar&Shanna I'd have made an exception. As it stands now it's a trade wait title.

5. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Official-- Gillen and McKelvie on Young Avengers. The new line-up to feature original members Wiccan, Hulkling and Hawkeye with new members Miss America Chavez, Noh-Varr and Little Loki.

6. Admiral_Young

I think Cho is trying to imply that Shanna and Logan don't get along--or won't-- with that comment. That is the only thing that would make sense about that line. As for where Kevin and Zabu are...I assume one will find that out when they read the comic.

I was glancing at the Marvel Now teaser poster...the original one from like two months ago. I did notice what Slott and others have pointed out about Spider-Man's costume. It does look different. Peter looks like he has some kind of weird metalic apparatus along both arm spans and his costume looks tweeked a bit. Darker blue...can't see what he supposedly sees in his eyes though.

7. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

[​IMG]

Uhm what weird metallic apparatus? That's shading on his arms dude. Jean Grey has it too. It does look like his costume's maybe a tad darker and the eye lenses look slightly different - but I dunno. Doesn't look all that different really. Just another artist's take on the suit.

8. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Did someone break Peter's fingers?

9. Admiral_Young

Yep my mistake. It is just shading. He does have something in his eyes though. Slott says that is supposed to be looking at something, but it looks like nothing to me.

10. Nick Ryder

It's JoeQ art, I don't really put much stock in his off model art work any more.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Thor has no red in his costume, I don't like that! Too bland.

12. Nick Ryder

I think he still has a red cape - just not in that picture. What JoeQ was thinking with those swords... I dunno.

Thor isn't a swords guy. But I agree, the suit's kinda bland compared to what he's worn for a while now. May as well be a black body suit with the disks and the T belt. Meh.

And apparently from Uncanny Avengers... Thor likes lattes.

13. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

That's the first time I've seen that art blown up so large so it's the first time I even noticed the swords. I agree, swords aren't his gimmick, stick with what you know.

I kinda of wish a shrunk down Ant-Man was the shoulder of IM in that pic.

14. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Uncanny Avengers and Avx Consequences were interesting this week. I also read Marvel Universe vs The Avengers but didn't care for that one at all. Wolvering and the X-Men #18 should have been before #17, but whatever.

15. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/superior-spider-man-revealed.html

Ugh...just as I was about to get back into ASM after giving up on it after OMD...

Marvel really doesn't want me to read their books anymore, it seems.

16. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Uncanny Avengers #1--
    Someone has to say it--

Oh my God...

...They saved Xavier's brain!!!

Avengers 31-- The begining of Bendis' final arc (Despite the news that Ultron War is still coming) gets off to a good start. I was fan-boy giddy as soon as I realized that this mysterious woman in the micro-verse could only be...

...Janet Van Dyne, aka The Wonderful Winsome Wasp! (Can you tell I'm a fan?) Makes sense-- every other character that Bendis has killed or screwed up during his run has come back intact, so surely it's Jan's turn before the end of his run.

Fantastic Four 611-- Ah, Hickman. I will miss you so. An interesting choice to not only feature only one member of the Fantastic Four in this "final issue", but the story itself was really a tale of Doom. In this issue, we pick up with Doom where Hickman last left him, alone with the "gift" Valeria gave him, and we see what Doom builds with it. The conclusion Doom reaches about his efforts says volumes about the character. However, Hickman's true song song, as indicated by the final page here, will be in his final issue of FF. Can't wait.

Captain America 18-- Meh. Brubaker's final arc reads like exactly what it is-- a rushed attempt to tie up all of the dangling plot threads before Bru leaves the book. Hopefully, next issue's done-in-one finale issue will allow Bru to leave on a higher note.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  17. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

There's really only one thing I can say in response to the last page of Uncanny Avengers:

What the fuck? :wtf:

18. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I hear you on that one.

On the topic of Thor, I miss the old Thor costume and the way he was portrayed back in the day. He just seems bland now and his was an absolute embarrassment in Avengers vs X-Men. His nickname after that should be the Asgardian Bitch.

19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Then how do we tell the difference between Thor and Amora in emails?

20. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

the brain scene is nothing compared to the Joker cutting his own face off...