The Official Deleted/Alternate Material Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by CaptainBearclaw, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Maab

Maab Commander Red Shirt

Well, you know I like picture galleries...

This is a behind the scenes picture of the deleted child scene of TWOK.
    Along with the three previous pictures posted by Grant, this is all that can be found on that scene.

[​IMG]

It would be nice to know where the other two pictures from the transporter room come from, to do better scans.

Maab

2. CaptainBearclaw

CaptainBearclaw Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Wow, this would've made the movie a whole lot darker. I didn't even know the existence of some of these pictures. Where are they found? I kinda want to try to get original sources for any pictures found. Kind of a weird disposition of mine.

3. Maab

Maab Commander Red Shirt

The backstage picture I've posted comes from a issue of Star Blazer magazine (see http://mystartrekscrapbook.blogspot.it/2009/08/man-who-saved-star-trek.html).

I believe the window picture comes from a videogame magazine, but I may be wrong on this. I remember I read it somewhere, but I can't find where.

I have no idea about the other two pictures (infact I've asked the same thing).

I also think it's important to track the sources of these images (in my Memory Wall page I've indicated source for every picture), beside, as I said, the remaining two pictures are both low quality, so they should be re-scanned from the sources.

By the way, this Star Blazer magazine (another issue of course), is the same one with a full set of very rare and never-again-seen pictures of the Memory Wall from TMP, like this one: http://www.marcellorossi.info/Memory/UT_07.jpg
    I've been looking for it on Ebay for years.

Maab

4. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

The color pictures were scanned by ME from a short-lived magazine called RetroVision, and appeared in issue #2 in an article called Star Trek Outtakes, by Tom Rogers, and discussed in other threads on this board, notably The Rugrat of Khan.

5. Maab

Maab Commander Red Shirt

Thanks Maurice! I remebered I saw them here, but I couldn't find the thread. Also, I don't know why, I remembered something like "retrogaming" instead of "RetroVision".

But is this picture also from that same magazine as well?

[​IMG]

It doesn't seem so.

Maab

6. mb22

mb22 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm surprised that kid hasn't surfaced by now. He would be about 33 years old. Also it's interesting that cut scenes in three Trek films (II, III, and IV) all involve children.

7. Maab

Maab Commander Red Shirt

Interesting tought. I've looked in the film's credit but there is no mention of him. Anybody knows who the young actor might be?

Well, just a coincidence... I suppose.

Maab

8. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

The beaming out of a disintegrating captain's yacht was scripted but I don't know that anything was really shot. I interviewed the VFX guys at SBS just a few weeks prior to release when they were about to tackle their end of the reshoots for the new ending, and at least one of the guys there mentioned how disappointed they were about the Data beaming out of the distintegrating yacht thing falling out VERY early. They might not even have done animatics for it, though I imagine somebody at Paramount would have storyboarded it during preproduction.

9. CaptainBearclaw

trevanian, I believe that scene is in the deleted scenes section of the blu-ray. I watched it many times.

10. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

From the post I linked to above. See the bolded text.

11. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

That's seriously interesting. So they have footage of Spiner on a partial set backed with bluescreen, along with physical pyro going on?

Might actually have to get the TNG Blu set.

12. Maab

Maab Commander Red Shirt

OK, any idea where LavianoTS386 might have taken it from?
    The original thread is no longer available.

Maab

13. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

Nope, it's cut/unfilmed children scenes in FOUR TOS movies!

The original idea for the Spock flashback in TFF was to hire two younger actors to play Sybok and Spock for the flashback where Sybok leaves Spock behind to follow his own path.

If you listen to the Shatner and his daughter commentary she brings up the fact that they were actively testing young actors for the parts.

For whatever reasons (money, time, creative choice) they instead decided to go with the two older actors pretending to be their younger selves! Wow, was Nimoy terrible in that deleted scene!

So, children scenes filmed for 2 and 3 cut and scripted scenes for 4 and 5 that never got filmed--wow.

But as they say "try and try again" Star Trek 6 finally got a child into the series as Martia's younger disguise in the escape scene!

14. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

And the 'baby' they deliver at the end of TMP is so gorgeous you can't really see it on-camera after the glow of vger's childbirth.

15. dg1379

dg1379 Commander Red Shirt

That's...creepy (referring to the TWOK kid)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  16. CaptainBearclaw

trevanian said:
    That's seriously interesting. So they have footage of Spiner on a partial set backed with bluescreen, along with physical pyro going on?

Yeah, he's on the Costeau set. A window blows out at some point. There's even a temporary effect for him beaming out.

17. CaptainBearclaw

For those interested, a picture of the original Kirk/David fight from TWOK is in the Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan movie magazine from 1982. Kirk is on the floor, and David is standing over him with a knife.

Just thought I'd mention it. The magazine itself is cool as well. There's cast interviews ad even some storyboards and production photos. Good read, try to pick it up.

18. Maab

Maab Commander Red Shirt

Is it this picture?

[​IMG]

In the already mentioned Star Blazer magazine there is also a behind the scene.
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_of7mShM5N...4/z_0Ys6rzs5k/s1600-h/man_who_saved_st_05.jpg

Maab

19. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

There were several photos of cut scenes from TWOK that appeared in vintage 1982 era magazines like Fantastic Films and Cinefantastique that I never saw anywhere else including McCoy working on Chekov's ear and Chekov waking up and demanding to to be able to go to the bridge--both were during the part where Ent is heading into the nebula for the final battle. i never saw these photos again sadly after losing those magazines to a water leak.

20. Maab

Maab Commander Red Shirt

Here they are:

[​IMG]

(I couldn't do a proper scan of this one)

[​IMG]

Maab