TV Guide: Will Netflix Give Jericho (Another) New Life?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Enterprise is Great, May 1, 2012.

1. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

2. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Bet they can get Skeet. What's he been up to lately? :D I liked Esai Morales' character a lot, and he's at liberty as well. Lennie James' Gotham pilot is looking iffy for pickup, but I'd rather see him on The Walking Dead. Why introduce him as a character just to forget about him???

Really, the core of what they need is a civilian character (Skeet), a military character (Morales), and they can rebuild from there. The incipient civil war plotline really piqued my interest. They should forget about the conspiracy plotline (whatever started the war) because it was silly; anyway, they did explain it (if you can call that an explanation), so there's no mystery left there.

Unlike some of the other shows they've talked about reviving - which were justifiably cancelled - Jericho was getting better and there's more story to be told. If Netflix can convince CBS to let them revive Jericho, what beloved sci fi franchise might be next...?

3. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I was on about getting Netflix this summer and I think this would seal the deal for me. The 2nd half of season 1 and season 2 itself made Jericho one of the best TV shows for me in recent years. I would love to see the Civil War kick off in season 3 :bolian:

4. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I've been going back and forth as to whether or not I wanted Netflix for a couple of months now, but if they were to pull this off, it would seal the deal for me- I would give them my money. I really hope they got as much of the cast back as possible

5. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Les Moonves was talking about making a show for Netflix back in Feb.
    Albanian Army? :wtf:

Streaming been beddy beddy good to CBS. No wonder they like Netflix.

Anyway, the TVGuide article says that Moonves was talking about Jericho when he made that comment, which makes the whole thing seem more likely to happen. It's not Netflix going begging to CBS - they're already interested.

6. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I talked about this over at AVS, but I think the concept of the Civil War was the most appealing. Even if they don't carry on the original show/characters, or do a reboot, that a great idea for a brand new drama would be an Alternate History-Genre of a Modern Day Civil War. Alternate History shows/movies/books are always intriguing to me. The key details at the end of Jericho's second season were the Western United States (Cheyenne) and the Eastern United States (Columbus), with Texas forming its own independent Republic.

Which reminds me, does anyone remember a made-for-tv Comedy movie about a modern day Civil War? I want to say it was from about 15 years ago, and was about a civil war that started when a Governor of some Midwest state went on national TV to announce his "succession plan" (he wanted to get married and have a kid or something like that) and everyone misinterpreted it as a "secession plan".