Who should be the Director for Star Wars Episode 7?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by PlainSimpleJoel, Oct 31, 2012.

?

The Choices (Select up to 4 only)

Poll closed Dec 30, 2012.
  1. J.J. Abrams

26.6%
  2. Jon Favreau

17.0%
  3. Duncan Jones

22.3%
  4. Rian Johnson

3.2%
  5. Sam Mendes

6.4%
  6. Edgar Wright

5.3%
  7. Neill Blomkamp

13.8%
  8. Matt Reeves

2.1%
  9. Brad Bird

31.9%
  10. Frank Darabont

7.4%
  11. David Yates

5.3%
  12. Matthew Vaughn

10.6%
  13. Alfonso CuarĂ³n Orozco

7.4%
  14. Guillermo Del Toro

19.1%
  15. Ridley Scott

13.8%
  16. Other (say whom)

33.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kegg

Kegg Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's true, but when you were championing someone 'completely different' I assumed the subtext was also to have very different sounding music (with Greenwood say putting out a soundtrack more like There Will Be Blood than Empire Strikes Back).

Whoever the composer is, I think a neo-romantic score littered with easily identifable leitmotifs is the best way to go for a Star Wars picture.

2. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, but I think there's an opportunity to do something fresh within the usual Star War guidelines here, not unlike what Max Richter did with Vivaldi's "Four Seasons", and I'll be disappointed when they appoint a soundtrack drone instead of someone who has a vision and a sense of style.

3. Caliburn24

Caliburn24 Commodore Commodore

Personally I'd like to see Bear McCreary, John Powell or Murray Gold get a crack at Star Wars. All three know how to use a full orchestra, all three like leit motifs, and any of them could bring that epic "Star Wars" feel. And all three deserve a chance for that break-out score.