Green Arrow (CW)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Jan 13, 2012.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah. I just watched JL: Doom, which was my first exposure to the RF and I based on their look in that I can think of some other ways to do a more realistic version of their look that is more interesting than what Arrow is doing. I could see them having matching jackets with the card symbols on them or something. Maybe something along the lines of the Queen of Hearts's goons in Alice.

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

They could have gone the biker gang route and have leather jackets with playing card art on their backs.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Good idea. I didn't think of that.

4. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Terrific idea Sojourner.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Nice, but it reminds me of the pilot to the 80s Flash tv series, or every third episode of Knight Rider.

6. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

Finally saw it - well, the first 20 minutes. It was so god-awful I had to turn it off. The writing is piss-poor and the line readings atrocious across the board, but especially from the lead. What a shame. I really wanted to like this.

7. Guy Gardener

more for me then.

you don't say that this is much much worse than Doctor Who, you say that it is much much better than Smallville.

Oh lord!

The stock plot has been shattered! they need a new paradigm to hang their weekly adventures off already!

8. sojourner

Well, at least they seem to be going against type and making step dad a good guy.

9. Guy Gardener

Well it's not like he's a Doctor Moon making sure people don't go crazy?

10. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I think the only thing I really don't like about this show is the drab washed out color scheme. I wish it looked a little more vibrant or had some life to it.

11. Guy Gardener

Then we can have my best dream ever come true... Adam West staring in the Dark Knight returns.

Arrow's producer's chose noir over camp, but that doesn't mean that 40 years ago everything wasn't super camp as Batman man saved the day.

Noir meets camp.

WORLDS COLLIDE!

Besides, that would mean Xombie puppet Reagan with luther's hand up his ass telling Superman to rip Olivers Arm off if he won't retire and let the the world become dreadfully ordinary.

Can't you imagine Welling ripping this new kid's arm off because he won't get with the program? Or would it be more realistic, and affordable to link theis new series with the Superboy (live action) TV Series than Smallville?

(Dark Knight returns, it's been in your public library for the last 25 years. 60 year old Bruce Wayne comes out of retirement... They made a cartoon movie of it recently if you're too good for comic books.)

;)

12. sojourner

Oliver Queen, rich playboy hippy of the DCU.

13. DarKush

DarKush Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

About the final ten minutes or less saved this episode. I was wondering where they were going with all of it at first, but I have to admit that it came together nicely and I'm looking forward to seeing how Oliver gets out of this pickle next week. I also hope Dig eventually takes the name Arsenal.

14. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just watched the pilot on the CW website. It's much better than I thought it would be, but I don't care for the 20 something rich kids entitlement bullshit. I'll keep watching.

15. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

The latest episode was very good, although It was funny that, only 4 episodes in
    his secret identity has been revealed to the world :lol: I doubt this will stick, he'll get out of it somehow, but its a pretty big screw up. He's been putting a lot of effort into hiding his identity, even killing a thug so that the fact that Oliver Queen has great fighting skills doesn't get out, but he didn't consider that prisons might have cameras in the stairwell :wtf: Still, I'm really enjoying the series. While I'm still not a fan of Oliver being a killer, its been a consistantly entertaining show. I look forward to it every week.

16. sojourner

It wasn't footage from the prison break in, but the shooting attempt from the previous week.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought this episode was pretty good. I enjoyed Dig's and Oliver's step-dad's side plots, and thought Oliver's case was pretty interesting. I did not expect either of the endings, and I am very curious where they are taking things.

18. Brolan

Brolan Commodore Commodore

The arrest means nothing to me because I know darn well they are not going to imprison the lead four episodes in on a new show. But the family yacht showing up leads to a lot of interesting questions. Why was it raised? Did Mom not know what happened and had to research? Or is she keeping it as evidence to blackmail someone else? Some other reason?

19. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

As a comics fan, I like the name drops: Iron Heights, Bludhaven, Monument Point. The last from Guggenheim's JSA run.

20. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, your first point could lead to some significant long term changes to the format of the series, unless everything gets resolved next episode.