Star Trek: Online

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by tranya, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mic of orion

mic of orion Commander Red Shirt

OK, to post few of mine, mind you i'v been playing this game for less than 10 days (on free trail thing) and i am about to get 4 strips. One thing i don't know is, what happens when my trail period expiries, can i just simply pay monthly membership fee without losing my character or dl'd new game and start from scratch?

http://oi56.tinypic.com/2n9z3ig.jpg -personal kit.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  2. Destructor

Destructor Commodore Commodore

Once your trial expires you'll be given an opportunity to pay the monthly fee and continue with that character. That's the whole point of the trial, to get you to do that.

3. Sybok

Sybok Lieutenant Red Shirt

i miss this game, though i dont regret i took the summer off since there was no new content

hopefully i will resubscribe eventually now with atari byebye things can get going again with our new chinese friends

4. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Foundry was actually up and working (and the corrupted missions restored) for about a week. Then they had to push a patch that changed a number of backend things (for the PWI sale) - and it had a know issue (that they posted about on the Tribble and th Holodeck patch notes) which they thiought ONLY occured when editing and previewing a ground map.

After they pushed it Live - they found in affected more than just grond maps in the Foundry editor (but again, to be fair, they soon narrowed itr down to a few specific ground maps and any mission using that map would crash on transfer) - so last Friday afternoon - after a week of the Foundry being up and fully usable, they took it down again, until a build that fixed the problem could be tested.

That build is now on Tribble (Monday 8/15/11); and they said they want to do some more internal and Tribble testing; but if all goeds well, they expect to re-enable the Foundry sometime on Wednesday (8/17/11).

5. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey did anyone else notice that we can switch to shuttles from inside our ships now?

6. Darth Thanatos

Darth Thanatos Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

@mic of orion

Not to sound offensive, but...

Could you please:

a) remove those images,
    b) replace them with a link to them, or
    c) resize them to be more "forum friendly"?

I don't know about other people, but I would be grateful not to have to scroll sideways to read a post.

Usually forum mods and owners don't like huge pics posted in threads and have rules saying so and threatening offenders with the Wrath of Mods or something equally scary.

I don't recall these forums to have such a rule, but it would be better if they didn't need to add it (if there isn't) or enforce it (if there is).

7. Jim Gamma

Jim Gamma This space left blank intentionally. Rear Admiral

Agreed - they're even stretching my screen, and it's a 1680*1050 widescreen!

8. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Anyone know if they fixed the bug with THAT? It worked just fine, but the mission still counted you as in your big ship. I.E. when i tried to do shuttle-specific missions like the Delta Flyer crafting mission, it wasn't giving me the shuttle data. If i went to a spacedock to change ships, I got credit, just not when launched from my big ship. Which kinda defeats the purpose...

9. Aeolusdallas

Aeolusdallas Captain Captain

Yes that's been true for the last month.

10. Uxi

Uxi Commander Red Shirt

I left just as Ep 2 was hitting. Have interiors been more detailed or still just the bridge/crew deck/engineering deck/etc? I almost just wanted a fancy version of Starship Creator and it kinda worked for that... can you set generic crew uniforms yet?

Gameplay wise, have they done anything to get rid of the blatant repetitive formula of do x 1 or 3 times and then head back to beamup/warp out/leave the instance?

11. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

no, that's still the weakest point in the game. FAR too many levels of 'defeat 3 squadrons', 'scan 5 anomalies on the deserted base', etc. Most of them with that donut-shaped asteroid at the end near the last deserted/damaged ship.

They've been redoing some of the missions, but a hard look at spicing up the middle levels would be good, far too much of the same thing. When they take the time to do the 'story' missions, they're really good, but too much filler...

12. Sybok

Sybok Lieutenant Red Shirt

i am sorta the same about wanting a Starship Creator but combined with starfleet command, kinda works too but i wish the starship gameplay was as detailed as starfleet command

anywho

nope, just resubscribed today and interiors are still huge and more for a spacejockey than for humans - this irks me to no end, they look trekkish enough for the 25th century just scale them down it cannot be that extremely difficult and the masses will praise cryptic for it

BUT they are planning for a size accurate TNG era (galaxy or defiant who knows, but its going to come during a DS9 themed featured episode) interior like they did for TOS a while back - here's the TOS interior (which you must buy) http://wwwyoutube.com/watch?v=eQd-5FRkZCY

i wish they would make a TOS era inspired T5 ship so you could use the TOS interior end game and feel "right" about it

oh, and no still cant customize the generic crewmen

13. syberghost

syberghost Commander Red Shirt

STO official forums community moderator emeritus
    True-scale interiors only work for interiors NOT used for missions, for technical reasons that apply to all multiplayer games that use this kind of perspective and camera distance, so true-scale personal ship interiors require creating maps that can't be re-used for any other purpose. They will thus be slow-arriving and low priority, but they'll come.

TOS-era T5 ships have been nixed by CBS. They may change their minds some day, but it's not likely going to be soon.

14. Hartzilla2007

I get the feeling that the interriors their doing for the next feature episodes are for the Defiant, seeing as

1) It's DS9

And

2) Their updating ever thing else for the Defiant

15. ProwlAlpha

ProwlAlpha Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Why do people keep asking for Tier 5 TOS. According to the Devs, CBS keeps axing the idea because it doesn't fit in the storyline. Thats what I read in the STO fourms.

16. Hartzilla2007

Becuase TOS fans want to be able to use their ship at endgame like the TNG, DS9, and Voyager fans get to.

17. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

There's an endgame? :lol:

Other than the couple of 'Featured series', not much at all to do with a character once you hit VA. Been my biggest disappointment in the game, that they didn't put much thought into what you should do once you finish all the grinding 'scan 5 samples, fight 3 waves of bad guys' missions...

18. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

The odd thing about that is that Cryptic Studios wrote the idea of "modular shipbuilding" into the Path to 2409, meaning that (Federation, at least) ships in the game may share the exterior design of older era starships, but were constructed entirely with current era technology. So, CBS presumably approved the story ideas in the Path to 2409, but at the same time have decided that an old era ship doesn't fit into the timeline. Talk about a contradiction.

What, you don't want to do a handful of STFs over and over and over? ;)

19. Hartzilla2007

Well this weekend was good for me I got my klingon alt to captain, my first fed alt in a defiant for the next featured series, and my seconf fed alt to commander.

20. mic of orion

mic of orion Commander Red Shirt

Can someone plz.explain to me why cant I fill my last officer slot???

Is this yet another cryptic sick joke?

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.