Sixth Doctor - character arc? An overall evaluation...

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Emperor-Tiberius, Aug 31, 2013.

1. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Inspired by a similar thread on the First Doctor, I thought it'd be interesting to see and note and observe how did the Sixth Doctor develop through his two seasons and, more importantly, over his Big Finish audio stories (Lost Stories included). I keep out the novels/comics, partly because I'd like the focus to be on Colin Baker's involvement on the character (even if he DID write a comic story for DWM) and his portrayal of him.

I say this after having listened to The Wrong Doctors, and that was all kinds of awesome. It was also a wonderfully written comparison piece, about how much more mellowed and, well, mellowed-out the blue-coat Doctor is in his later years as opposed to his rather energetic beggining (the show).

Anyway, what do you think of this Doctor's characterization, and overall journey?

2. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Love it. A fantastic doctor.

3. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination
    I think the choice of how to portray him was a very bold one, especially since he's like a 180 from the Fifth Doctor. But he definitely had an arc like the First, although it must be remembered that his more extreme behavior from "Twin Dilemma" was a result of an unstable regeneration, and not a true reflection of his character.

But I think the idea of a darker,more violent, and more alien doctor was an interesting choice.

4. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

But has he had a journey that can be pinpointed in-between the television serials and the audio dramas? Would you argue that he evolved/changed during the course of those stories?