The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. Vendikarr

Vendikarr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Since the have the cast split, and seemingly headed in two different directions, I wonder if they are going to do two comic storylines at one time.

We have Beth, Daryl, Tyreese, Carol and the kids on the railroad tracks headed to Terminus (the safe haven).
    Could this be leading to the comic's cannibal storyline?

And we have Glenn, Tara, Maggie, Bob and Sasha on the road.
    Since they meet Abraham and his team, this looks to be the start of the trip to Washington D.C. from the comics.

The big question would be which group is Rick, Michonne and Carl going to run across.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  2. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

When that guy said there was a safe haven ahead I wondered if it was gonna be the start of the Alexandria Safe-Zone plot from the comics, but it feels too early for that, esp so soon after the prison. I'd much rather they have more time on the road as in the comics too.

Also it'll be interesting if and when they eventually all get back together..
    As in the comics Tyresse was basically Rick's "second in command", and then he died in the prison arc, and later Abraham replaced him. Whereas currently Tyrese is still alive... and we have Daryl.
    ... kinda thinking someone's gonna die by the end of the season, and you know how it is with black characters...

3. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

There was a silly continuity error in last night's episode. Tara makes a reference to her sister and her nephew -- er -- writers/producers...she had a niece not a nephew. Ooops.

EDIT - Ok, rewatched it with the CC on and she said in the field not nephew. I did sound like nephew though. Maybe I need to clean the wax out of my ears...

4. Galileo7

Galileo7 Commodore Commodore

Agree.

5. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I hope they don't split up the group, TBH I hope they don't rush the current comic story line, let those story lines play out.
    Who is going to replace Dale...Hmmmm.

Besides that I really feel like Lizzy is the TV version of Ben and that will play out soon.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2014
  6. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Ditto.

7. Vendikarr

There are too many characters now for one On the Road storyline. In the comics at this point there are 10 characters:
    Rick, Carl, Michonne, Glenn, Maggie, Sophia, Dale, Andrea, Ben and Billy.

The show currently has 15 characters in play:
    Rick, Carl, Michonne, Glenn, Maggie, Tyreese, Carol, Judith, Lizzy, Mika, Sasha, Bob, Beth, Daryl and Tara.

I think from a storytelling perspective, splitting the cast will work better for them.

And my guess for who takes Dale's place.. Bob.

8. PKerr

Yeah but if

The Lizzy story plays out there will be 2 less and you're right, it could be Bob and Sasha as desert, nothing saying they couldn't do 2

9. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Not sure Judith is a character so much as a plot device at this stage.

10. PKerr

Exactly, in a way I was just hoping we wouldn't have seen her again, it would have been an easy out for the writers other than taking the comic book route.

I just hope they don't use her for fabricated drama, gang hiding? make the baby cry, Gang trying to be sneaky? make the baby cry, need to get walker attention? make the baby cry....

11. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Judith is mostly a prop right now.

So without spoiling *too* much, is "Abraham" a "good guy" or a "bad guy" in the comics? And the comics' analogue to "Terminus" I'm assuming it's not a very good place that's not ran by a very good person.

I don't care too, too, much about spoilers (and I know the series is diverging and dancing from the comics quite a bit) just curious as I'm not too up-to-date on the comics much beyond the prison.

On the "Talking Dead" they talked about how the director of the episode worked to precisely recreate the introductory shot of Abraham and his crew from the panel in the comics. That's pretty cool, I'd like to see a side-by-side comparison which I'm sure is on the internet somewhere or will be soon.

Again, I think Tara is going to be a very interesting addition to the cast of characters. Should all be very interesting on where it goes from here but, man, there's only 6 more episodes left in this season!

Oh, and I liked how what's-her-name (the chick that was lovey on The Governor in the van) pretty much died off-screen in a throwaway line.

12. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

He's a badass but a good guy, the preview for next weeks kinda makes it seems it'll be the same in the show.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6URJWTmEylw

I loved that ending almost as much as when Michonne appeared at the very end of s2

As for Terminus, that's not in the comics IIRC? So I don't know what that is. I thought it could be their version of the Alexandria Safe-Zone but it seems to early for that.

As for Lizzie been the comic version of Ben and what's happens there, I hadn't thought of that Vendikarr, but yeah I could see that maybe happening.
    the only problem is in the comics that was when it first showed Carl to be a "killer" if you will, whereas in the show he already did that at the end of s3, and is already a little badass. So it wouldn't really have as much effect if he does what he did in the comics.

13. PKerr

Abraham is a good guy but he is a get it done kinda guy, there are no committees, votes and feelings in play, when something needs to get done he does it.

At this point the Show is going to take a whole new dynamic because the comic doesn't have these characters interacting with one another.
    As some may or may not know, Daryl doesn't exist in the comics and Abraham/Tyreese never knew each other.

As we all know now, Daryl is Rick's right hand man, on the show Daryl is an amalgamation of comic Tyreese and Abraham , in the comic at one time or another Tyreese and Abraham were Rick's right hand men, it's going to be interesting to see how 4 strong male characters interact with each other.

14. Trekker4747

Well, first of all, Rick needs to step back up to the plate. ;)

So what about "Terminus" what is that alluding to from the comics?

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Really enjoyed last night's episode. It was nice to get to spend at least a few minutes with everyone who wasn't in last week's episode.
    I have to admit I was a little confused by the zombies on the bus too.
    I was pretty shocked when Carol showed up. I figured she would show back up eventually, but I wasn't sure when.
    Very curious to see Abraham and his group. I've come across the name while researching the comic, so it will be interesting to see what he's like on the show.
    Lizzie is definitely starting to lose it. I just hope Carol will be able to help her, before she goes to far.

16. PKerr

As Ethros said, Terminus is not in the comic, I also think it's way too early for the Alexandria Safe-Zone, me thinks it may be leading up to what I and Vendikarr were dancing around earlier, I honestly don't know how they could skip over that particular story, TWD seems to be all about pushing TV boundaries and that story will definitely "tasty" story.

I see a few mentions of the walker bus, if you look at the back of the bus it's pretty shot up , I took it as a bunch of people got killed.

17. Trekker4747

Honestly, I'd almost argue Carol is partly to blame for Lizzie's behavior. If she's the one who was dissecting the animals at the prison which, I guess, seems more the case now (though dissection and vivisection are two very different things and the latter being pretty hard to pull off especially for a young girl who likes killing things without medical training or fine dissection tools) then that's one thing, I guess. But, man, she was down-right angrily trying to smoother Judith. (I now notice as I watch the scene again.) That's pretty damn fucked up.

Which story were you talking about?

Some of what I'm reading in other places is that "Terminus" might be the show's replacement for the Alexandria Safe-Zone, probably so the show can stay in the same location and keep filming in Georgia.

18. PKerr

From the comics

I think the Lizzy thing is going to play out like it did with Ben, his brother and Carl.
    I also think Carol took the blame for Lizzy as I suggested way earlier in the thread.

As far as Terminus goes

I think Terminus will be the Cannibals hometown .

19. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

Another great Walking Dead episode! I think that it is so ironic that one of the reasons that Rick kicked Carol out of the prison is because he thought she was dangerous and he therefore didn’t want her to be around Judith. But, if it weren’t for Carol then Judith would have been killed by the Walkers in tonight’s episode! Also, that Lizzie sure seems like she is psycho or something. I have a theory about her… I have a feeling that in the prison she killed Karen and the other sick guy with her. Carol walked in on Lizzie with the knife and then Carol dragged the bodies into the courtyard and burned them in an attempt to hide the evidence that Lizzie killed them. When Rick was pressing Carol, she confessed to the murder ‘cause she thought that it would be better if she were blamed instead of Lizzie (even if it meant that she would be kicked out of the prison). What do you think of this theory? No spoilers from the comics (if this story is even in the comics)! Back to tonight’s episode: I was getting really concerned for the baby actress that was playing Judith. During one shot of the smothering scene, it looked like she was trying to get Lizzie’s hand off of her mouth. If I were the baby actress’s Mom, I would not want my baby to be in a scene where she was being smothered like that. Very disturbing.

BTW, how come we are not creating new threads for each Walking Dead episode? Is this the same thread that is going to be used for each episode the rest of the season?

Oh, I have some questions regarding last night’s episode:

1. What happened to Tyreese’s arm in the prison? I forgot!

2. Who were the people in the bus? At first I thought that maybe they were random background people from the prison except Sasha and Bob were saying that the people from the prison got away. Maybe the prison people got out and trapped the Walkers inside?

3. How did Bob’s bullet not pierce Maggie when Bob shot at the Walker that was between them? You can tell that the bullet went all the way through the Walker's skull 'cause you can see the bloody exit wound on his forehead. It is hard to tell from the screencap below, but from where she was standing Maggie would have been in the line of trajectory of the bullet as it flew through the Walker.

[​IMG]

4. When Maggie slammed the head of a Walker into the bus she immediately says, “I’m sorry.” Was she saying sorry to Sasha and Bob for almost getting them killed by making them help her look for Glen in the bus? Was she saying sorry ‘cause she knew the Walker she killed? Or was she just saying sorry to the random Walker whom she had never met before?

20. Vendikarr

The cannibal storyline.