NFL 2014-2015 Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Aug 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Cowboys look great. In other news, the Blue Moon seasonal sampler is quite good. I'll probably finish the case by the end of this game. Jesus Christ Romo.

2. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah. I'm afraid to go check how I did today on upickem.net. :scream:

3. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

The Fish did not get Squished!

4. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Eh. Pats overrated.

Again.

5. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

What a great second half from the 'Phins. Heard a lot of noise about good the Pats D would be this year and how teribble the Knowshon Moreno signing was. Well for at least one game all is right in the world. Go Phins!

6. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

Fucking Bears! If they'd gone for the 1 yard on 2nd & 1 and/or 3rd & 1 with under 2 minutes left, they might have scored the go-ahead TD.

No, they go for broke both plays and end up with a tying FG and then lose in OT. Forte was on a tear at that point and could easily have gotten 1 yard. And they still had all their timouts left.

The turnovers didn't help of course.

7. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

I was rooting for the Rams, but that was pretty ugly. Now I have to listen to Vikings fans gloat all week. Hopefully New England will kick ass next week and end that.

I also hope the Packers regroup. Seattle's tough, but that was an ugly game as well.

8. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

After new video of Ray Rice knocking out his then fiancee surfaced this weekend, the Ravens cut him and the NFL has suspended him indefinitely.

Good riddance, but someone will take a chance on him when his suspension is up.

9. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

I don't know what is more brutal about that video: him punching his fiancee with such force that she is knocked unconscious or his casually dragging her body like a sack of trash out of the elevator. Yikes.

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Good riddance to Rice, but I won't applaud Goodell and the Ravens for waiting to do the right thing until after the full video went public. They had this evidence months ago and failed to handle it properly then. They tried to cover this up to protect a star player on a marquee team. I hope the media takes them to task for this.

11. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The "media" bears responsibility also. After all, they help transform flawed people into heroic figures they feel are worthy of our adulation.

12. Captain Clark Terrell

Captain Clark Terrell Commodore Commodore

Completely agree with this. I don't condone what Rice did--and I hope his suspension keeps him out of football for the foreseeable future--but both the Ravens and the NFL had the opportunity to punish Rice months ago and didn't do it. Why now is it suddenly so important for them to act?

Roger Goodell is an idiot, as he apparently doesn't have enough common sense to distinguish right from wrong unless someone else spells it out for him. However long he decides to keep Rice sidelined is precisely the amount of time he himself should refrain from acting as NFL commissioner, because he doesn't know what hell he's doing.

--Sran

13. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Did the NFL have the same video that was just released or did they have just the other one? I can see a difference between the two in how you would respond.

14. Captain Clark Terrell

I don't know the answer to that question, but I wonder about one thing: would it not have made sense for the league to ensure that it had every piece of video footage available before taking action against Rice? It seems to me that Goodell should have acquired every recording and viewed each one before handing down a suspension.

This situation reminds me of what happened at Rutgers last year.

--Sran

15. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

So, the Chiefs just went out there and took a big dump on the field. We have a very, very, tough schedule. And Derrick Johnson is out, possible his career over (or likely very damaged because those types of injuries are't easy to recover from) this is going to be a long, painful schedule. At least the Royals are looking good right now.

16. Alidar Jarok

I would have thought the prosecutors in the criminal case would have thought the same thing, but I can't imagine the same result occurring had they had the full video.

If Roger Goodell had said "we need to wait for more evidence before acting" how do you think people would have reacted? Considering Rice hadn't even finished serving the initial suspension and Goodell was able to proceed with this one anyway, it seemed like it worked out appropriately.

17. Captain Clark Terrell

I'm sure most people would have been outraged, but Goodell's position as NFL Commissioner mandates that he base his decisions on what's best for the league--something that's difficult to without all the facts--as opposed to doing what's popular with the fans.

I will shed no tears for Ray Rice, but I hope Goodell learns how discipline players without making himself appear incompetent in the process.

--Sran

18. Alidar Jarok

Well, there was no reason to think this video surfaced. I'm sure if he just did nothing for months and months (years even) he would look incompetent as well waiting for something to occur that never does. In hindsight we know there's a second video, but I'm not sure we knew that going in. Nor am I convinced he looks incompetent in this. He knew going in if the facts known changed, he could increase the punishment. The facts known did change and he did increase the punishment.

19. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Good news today. Fuck Ray Rice.

20. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

Is this true? Did the NFL have the "elevator video" when they suspended him for 2 games?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.