If you wrote the next one, which original episode would you revisit?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Matt S, May 17, 2013.

1. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

Re: If you wrote the next one, which original episode would you revisi

That problem in that real-life instance is that the left didn't get off of their asses and get involved with/help to get elected the two alternate political parties that do exist in your country (in particular the candidate that ran for the latter party twice in 2000 and 2004; had the Left done so, the change that your sister and the rest of the left wanted would have happened. Instead, they did the same thing that they always do: protest, protest, and more protest. What inevitably happened, happened. The lesson to be learned by the Left (and they'd better learn it if they want to exercise any political power in the USA in the future) is that protesting is the beginning, NOT the end or the center, of changing things in the USA. The Occupy movement's not going to be as well-regarded as the the Tea Party/Birthers/Birchers, ever, especially since the Left doesn't even bother to vote like the centrists or the right (Reich?)-wing does.

As for what your sister thought Obama did or didn't do, he's a centrist fiscal (and social, in the original sense of the term) conservative who was (and is) hamstrung by members of his party and the opposition in what he wanted to do and accomplish, in addition to being saddled with the mess his predecessor left him, to say nothing of what regulations are put in place allowing the POTUS to carry out what action they want to do. The Left (and your sister) needs to realize that; he can't carry on with imperial power to accomplish what they want for them like Bush did for the right and the corporations. Either he's more principled than the last guy that was POTUS, or he isn't; he can't be an imperial president for your sister and the Left, but not for the right or center.

One other thing before I wrap up; I've noticed that people believe that Obama didn't accomplish anything. Here's an article showing what Obama had (and has) accomplished ( What The "Do Nothing" Obama Has Accomplished That We Choose To Ignore Or Fail To Acknowledge). It's old, but what it says, it says well.

2. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!

Or he's a 26 year old sailor who just returned to port after a long and successful* voyage.

*Until Pike bursts that bubble, as someone else pointed out.

Yeah, this would be my preferred Klingon story. Make it an analogue to Iran or N. Korea getting "the bomb." It would be a way to do the "mad man with a doomsday weapon" again, but perhaps more thoughtfully.

3. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

As I've said many times:

"Balance of Terror."

I just think it would be perfect for the big screen.

Maybe "The Enterprise Incident."

Or better yet, a combination of both.

4. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

Quite well, my dear, and you?

Well, I found it toned down from the previous film (which I'd just watched the day before) but I can see where the womanizing might have seemed more prominent if I'd not seen the 09 film in a long time.

As for sexy, I have to say I find no one especially sexy in this new incarnation. There is a degree of beauty that I can appreciate but for me, sexy is not synonymous with beauty. But I've never really watched Star Trek for "sexiness" (at least not since early adolescence), so I don't make too much out of it.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I only said that because of the Memory Beta entry, which strongly implies that the whole thing is indeed a story. (I haven't actually read the comic, I only go by what I saw in that article.) But in an infinite multiverse, I suppose there could be at least one variant of the MU where it happened for real...

6. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

"Joanna" does sound good.

Source