Curzon's death

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by erastus25, Sep 21, 2012.

1. erastus25

erastus25 Commodore Commodore

It has recently come to my attention that many people believe that Arandis literally screwed Curzon to death. I'm fairly stunned by this; am I the only one who thought Arandis was speaking figuratively/with some hyperbole?! No way the producers meant to imply that she actually sexed him to death, right?

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

He was very old. He probably had a heart attack while in bed with her.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Although Jadzia also once said that Curzon died in a hospital bed while yelling at the doctors treating him (and, IIRC, the flashback where we see Dax transplanted from him to Jadzia had Curzon alive at that point). So even if Arandis screwed his brains out, he lived long enough to complete the act. :devil:

4. Mr_Homn

Mr_Homn Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

perhaps they screwed so intensely that it stressed his heart (or whatever the trill equivalent is) and overtime the weakened heart contributed to his death somehow

5. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Amazing that without fail when SFdebris posts a new review a thread is started on a similar topic.

Though here are the three contradictory statements.

In Let He Without Sin, Arandis says Curzon died by jamaharon.

In Emissary he's shown on an Operating table giving the symbioant to Jadzia

In Blood Oath Jadzia describes thes Curzon being in a hospital yelling and screaming at family and doctors.

Emissary I can write off as actually not the way it happened being it was an Orb vision. Curzon was stated to have disapproved of Jadzia so a vision of him apparently being approving of her and passing the symbionant personally would make sense.

Arandis... let's face it, the Risians are as subtle as a hammer to the forehead. She was probably talking up the whole thing for poetic effect. As close as it came was Curzon probably took one last vacation to Risa when he was known to be dying.

So he likely did in fact die on a hospital bed as Jadzia describes to Kang.

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe he had a massive heart attack while mid-act, was rendered unconscious, transported to hospital, revived and then died on the table. That's still death by jamaharon.

7. erastus25

erastus25 Commodore Commodore

Probably b/c SFDebris is awesome. :bolian:

8. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

I don't care if i live or die!!!!!!! I wanna screw some more goddamit!!!!

Seriously had anybody else died like this in a big and popular franchise?

9. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe we just have the timeline wrong? Jadzia lived for a while after Verad tore the symbiont out of her in "Invasive Procedures"; perhaps Curzon carefully specified (in loud tones of voice) that after the symbiont was gone, he'd like some privacy with that close friend of his back there on the second row, and could one of the nurses please lend her uniform?

Timo Saloniemi

10. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

That was partly because Bashir was trying to keep her alive for as long as possible. A Hosts primary purpose is to safeguard the Symbiont and give it new experiences, once removed (at their end of the natural life) then what happens to the Host isn't as important as the Symbiont. I would assume the Host would be made as comfortable as possible until they died.

11. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

...Which might well involve sending for some Risans.

Timo Saloniemi

12. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

Well they would make you comfortable :)

Besides, knowing what we do of Curzon, I can't imagine another way he'd be happier to go ;)

13. Mr. Laser Beam

There's no reason why all of the tales of Curzon's death can't be true. They will all fit. It probably went like this:

- Curzon and Arandis do some serious knockin' boots. It's strong enough to cause Curzon to have a heart attack.

- However the attack isn't immediately fatal. Curzon is taken to a hospital where the doctors try to treat him (Curzon yelling all the way) but it doesn't work, they know he's going to die.

- Thus the doctors leave and Curzon calms down enough to let the symbiont be transplanted from him to Jadzia.

14. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

Nice retcon.

15. matthunter

matthunter Admiral Admiral

Actually, since we later find out just how Curzon felt about Jadzia (hint: not disapproving), it could be the Prophets showed Jadzia a vision of how he WANTED it to go, but couldn't out of shame.

16. Mr. Laser Beam

^ That doesn't seem in character for them. The Prophets wouldn't do that sort of thing. They only show visions of things that really did happen.

17. NrobbieC

NrobbieC Commander Red Shirt

I always viewed it as his last request the night before passing on Dax. Curzon was probably in hospital for a while giving him lots of opportunities to yell at doctors before and after his last night of passion and then die when Dax is transferred to Jadzia.
    Awkward morning after conversation though.

18. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Dynasty - Alexis Carrington Colby (Joan Collins) not only screwed Cecil Colby (Lloyd Bochner) to death, she married him at the same time, so she could inherit his money.