Worst Star trek actor ever

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by The Overlord, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Laughing Vulcan

The Laughing Vulcan Admiral Admiral

I know child actors are easy targets, but Brian Bonsall. Yeech!

And the worst of all time... Bitsy "I've only got one line, but By God I'm going to deliver it" Picard!

2. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    I think Chris did an awesome Kirk. Thankfully, I am in the majority this once. :)

3. Bishop76

Bishop76 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's a fact.

4. Eleanor_zhDarjel

Eleanor_zhDarjel Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

in the year of the flood, St. Stephen King Day
    ^very good indeed.

5. Maxillius

Maxillius Commander Red Shirt

Better than the Shat actually.

6. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

I know he gets a lot of heat for playing his character as reserved, but I have never seen "wooden." Voyager had more than it's fair share of flamboyant characters, Chakotay wasn't one of them.

7. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination
    I think some are confusing CHARACTERS they don't like with bad acting performances, specifically in the cases of Diana Muldaur, Ethan Phillips, and Chris Pine.

Phillips was GREAT at portraying a very annoying character, just as Muldaur played a crusty McCoy-esque doctor well, and Pine played a juvenile punk Kirk very well.

At least I think so.

8. Markira

Markira Commander Red Shirt

I agree. Beltran played Chakotay in an understated way that I think is consistent enough with a character who has spent a lot of time cultivating peace within himself.

I haven't seen much ENT, but in the few episodes I have seen, I consider Jolene Blalock's work to be uninspired and one-dimensional, with none of the subtlety shown by other actors playing Vulcans (such as the original Vulcan, Leonard Nimoy).

9. el Chalupacabra

el Chalupacabra Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Pine IS a juvenile punk, so it's not that much of a reach. He's just playing himself.

10. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

So you've spent a lot of time with Chris Pine and know him personally?

11. Bishop76

Bishop76 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm sure that's the case.

Or just a reboot hater needing to spew more baseless vitriol.

One or the other. Your call.

12. Navaros

Navaros Commodore Commodore

Tie between Terry Farrell and Rosalind Chao.

13. antiquityscion

antiquityscion Commander

what about this guy?

[​IMG]

I guess that was TNG's try at not being sexist like the TOS series :guffaw:

Good thing they dropped the whole idea of miniskirts a few episodes into TNG season 1. Too bad it took them a few seasons longer to put Troi in a standard uniform. That is what she looks best in, IMHO.

14. The Transformed Man

The Transformed Man Commander Red Shirt

Gonna have to go with trifecta of TNG women... Gates McFadden, Denise Crosby and Marina Sirtis. They were all abysmal during TNGs TV run. It really wasn't until the films that Sirtis appeared to find Troi, and as long as she was in a slightly comedic scene she worked just fine.

Unfortunately, neither Gates nor Denise is a terribly good actress. Gates is extremely limited as an actress and I found Dr. Crusher to be one of the worst characters in all of Trek. Denise was just.... well, interesting. In one episode she could turn in a serviceable performance... but just re-watch "Encounter At Farpoint," specifically when the crew ends up in Q's "courtroom." Her overblown, over hysterical performance when she is lecturing Q about the goodness of the Federation always elicits a laugh... we are talking MST3K territory here.

Beltran gets a special nod for just not caring and showing up for a paycheck.

Yancy

15. GhostofRonPaul

GhostofRonPaul Ensign Newbie

No.

16. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    I'd agree with the many sage comments here about not mistaking 'interpretation' with acting, so no problem with Beltran or Blalock's performances in their respective roles. I know people who dislike Combs, Alaimo, Robinson as 'showboaters', and I have my own issues with Brooks and Stewart declamatory style.

Strangely, I think Frakes and Sirtis would have been better with more comedic parts. Their commentary on Insurrection is one of the funniest ever, and though I think Sirtis lousy on TNG, her best scene was that bar one in FC.

For overall worst regular though, my award goes to McFadden. It wasn't the part - I just think she's a not very good/emotive actress.

As for guest star, so many but recent stand-out for me was Padma Lakshmi (?) on ENT. :barf: How they hell she got cast I'll never know :confused:

17. You_Will_Fail

You_Will_Fail Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought Gates McFadden made Dr Crusher totally believable, especially in scenes between her and Picard. I don't see why people didn't like her acting...strange

For me its Avery Brooks, thank goodness the role of captain was smaller in DS9.#
    Oh and Jolene Blalock was good, Ethan Phillips was FANTASTIC.

18. Cyke101

Cyke101 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No wonder she was gunned down: if you're trying that hard to fire a phaser, you're doing it wrong!!! What kills me though is that apparently, "Ensign Lang" here isn't just a yellowshirt, but a semi-recurring character. Ugh.

On the other hand, I can't decide if 1:20-1:40 is one of the worst or one of the greatest feats of acting in all of Trek: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mx-jBtgjSAY&feature=related

19. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They actually brought her back? :wtf:

I thought even Voyager had higher standards than that.

20. DS9

DS9 Lieutenant Red Shirt

Will Wheaton, hands down. TNG could have benefitted without him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.