Star Trek: Extreme Measures

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by admiral_reliant, Jan 23, 2013.

1. admiral_reliant

admiral_reliant Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi guys,

I, along with a few others are planning a short fan film focusing on Section 31 but set around the time of Kirk's Movie timeline from Final Frontier to Generations.

What I need from you guys is help with the TOS style displays and consoles, the ones with the blue borders.

Now I have a few that are floating around the net but if someone out there has a vast collection or can do custom screens that would be fantastic.

The ship will either be an excelsior class or refit connie so ship specific images/flash animations can incorporate either ship for now.

There will be a small cast of about four main characters with a handfull of background extra's.

Sets will be small, one replica monitor wall will be built and the displays changed when needed, including the station title (communications, science, master systems etc)

Once I have these graphics and the set built I will then start to source other props such as console stations and a captains chair, but that is a while away.

Your help is much appreciated

2. Captain Atkin

Captain Atkin Captain Captain

Probably best to post a picture for us of what you are looking for. You can probaly find some over in the screenshots at Trekcore.com.

3. Andymator

Andymator Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

If you can provide an example I'll help you out whenever I get a chance. It's simple enough to make that kind of stuff.

4. DestinyCaptain

DestinyCaptain Commander Red Shirt

You'd be referring to TOSfilm and the first appearance of OKUDA style graphics. Seen in Treks 4 to 7.

5. admiral_reliant

6. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

You might try http://keiichi-k1.deviantart.com/gallery/2157624. Keiichi has a variety of panels and displays to get your started. We used many of them as a basis for our panels, and in some cases, have moved directly to using his (with permission).

7. admiral_reliant

Is Keiichi a membr here?

8. Barbreader

Barbreader Fleet Captain In Memoriam

9. admiral_reliant

I'm from Reading, UK but the production will probably be done in London.

There are about 8 of us producing the film so far with more help being offered all the time.

A Facebook page will go up shortly, care of a guy called Mach 3, I'm in charge of graphics and continuity.

The only real issue at the moment, like most Projects is money.

10. Solarbaby

Solarbaby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  11. Barbreader

12. admiral_reliant

Hi SolarBaby, thanks for your offer, that would be great.
    Would you need some screen shots of the screens needed?

Would it be possible to have animated flash screens and stills?

Is there a way I can contact you privately, I can't access PM here yet?

13. admiral_reliant

Ps thanks for your site listing. I'll get some more info from the promotions guy as and when available.

14. Barbreader

Thanks, Admiral, and I'll update the listing from time to time. You don't get a Headline, though, until you release a film which tells a story. The website is aimed at Fan Film viewers, not fan filmmakers, but then... without fan filmmakers, we fan film viewers would have nothing to watch!

15. Solarbaby

Solarbaby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

To have a crisp sharp look id create the panel from scratch, however you can send me the stills and I can animate from that. email me caithlindar@ rocketmail dot com.

I can send them as swfs or avis or gifs.

16. Barbreader

It's been over a year since this was posted. Has anything been done, any progress made? I tried to contact you via your blog at Startrekblog, buy could find no comment or contact information. Please post any updates. If not, I will move your entrey at Star Trek Reviewed into Long Term Hold or Abandon in April, 2014.

17. admiral_reliant

Due to a lot of unforseen circumstances and budget issues this fan film didnt get very far.

BUT this year we are in the process of building a few transportable sets that we are going to set up in a local hotel to this years DSTL convention in London.

For more info and pictures click here! http://wp.me/p3cATG-10l