So Who's Excited? (Minor Spoilers for Series 7b)

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Turbo, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Turbo

Turbo Changeling Premium Member

I've been seeing (and probably contributing to) a lot of negativity about the rumors surrounding the 50th anniversary special, as well as the shortened season. (It may have something to do with the fact that I've been reading a certain...other forum. Oops. :shifty:) So I took a step back and started to think about everything we are getting this year:

The return of the Ice Warriors.
    Neil Gaiman writing the Cybermen.
    A TARDIS exploration story.
    More Vastra, Jenny & Strax, with River joining them at some point.
    The anniversary special itself.
    A Christmas special.
    Reconstructed version of The Reign of Terror, The Tenth Planet, and The Ice Warriors.
    The Mind of Evil in color!
    A docudrama on the origins of the show.
    BBC America showing classic serials.
    New books with all eleven Doctors.
    A five-Doctor audio story with the Master.
    Big Finish's first Ninth, Tenth, and Eleventh Doctor stories.

And there's no way we don't see the Daleks somewhere. And there's probably more stuff I'm forgetting. Is anyone else excited? :D

2. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Hell, yes, I'm excited!

This place has had so much doom and gloom recently that I thought I wandered over to GallifreyBase (outside of the audio forum where I normally visit).

As you said, there's a lot of awesome stuff to look forward to this year and I can't wait for any of them!

Incidentally, I had no idea The Mind of Evil was getting colorized (or did they find color prints?). I look forward to seeing that.

3. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Honestly, the worst thing about this season has been the big lack of anything new since Christmas. I'm pumped for everything!

4. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm very excited. Looks to be the best series yet.

5. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I'm excited, but the proof of the pudding will be in the watching, not long to wait now though!! :D

6. Atticus

Atticus Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The very talented Stuart Humphryes aka Babelcolour has recoloured Episode One. Some examples of his work can be found here.

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, not quite. There are new Eleventh Doctor novels coming out in April, and a new Third Doctor novel in June. Other than that it's just re-prints of previous novels, one per each Doctor. There's also e-books being written for each Doctor, which will be collected in a print edition in November.

Then there's IDW's Prisoners of Time series. Twelve issues, one per Doctor, with the content of the twelfth not yet announced.

8. Turbo

Turbo Changeling Premium Member

Yeah, I believe the e-books count as "books". I missed IDW's new series, though! Looks interesting.

I also completely forgot that we just got the newly-discovered episode of Galaxy 4 this month, and we'll probably get the recovered episode of The Underwater Menace this year as well.

I believe they're using the upgraded Colour Recovery Process to recolor the remainder of the serial. It was screened at BFI a couple weeks ago and apparently got rave reviews.

9. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

Does it recover color or only colour? :evil:

10. Iamnotspock

Iamnotspock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, it's a UK show so it should only recover colour. :p

11. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm trying not to. We've still got ten days to get through. :(

However, this is a good time to start my (bi)annual "Please don't suck, Please don't suck..." chant. :)

12. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Oh, yes, I'm quite familiar with the brilliant Stuart Humphryes. I didn't know he had a hand in anything on this level. Good for him.

Cool. Good to see this happening. I can't wait to see the final product.

13. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

To be honest, I'm more excited for this than Game of Thrones. I'm even giving some thought on skipping Game of Thrones this season, mainly because it might just be too much.

14. CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I enjoy Game of Thrones but I'm just not that excited about it since I've read the books and know what's going to happen.

I'm much more excited about Doctor Who cause I don't know what's going to happen apart from some minor spoilers about returning villains.

15. DalekJim

DalekJim Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Can't say I'm hugely hyped for Game of Thrones. The books are among my favourite fantasy novels but I think the second season kinda dropped the ball as an adaptation. The abundance of nudity and sexuality is laughably adolescent titillation too which kinda detracts from the story.

16. The Doctor

The Doctor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

While I still think that the new TARDIS interior is terrible and extremely off-putting, I did enjoy the Christmas special. The new companion is interesting and Matt Smith is engaging as ever. So yeah, my inner child is getting excited.