The Doctor Who Photoshop Thread

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by The, May 11, 2009.

1. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

It's awesome! Is that 9 sitting on K9? I bloody love it. Its "rough and ready" darkness just contributes to it. Great job, The.

2. The

The Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks man! :) I really appreciate the honest feedback! Could you be more specific, though, concerning the blending problems. I agree the Eccles/Hartnell pic is rough, especially considering it was one of the first times I tried to blend two pics. Besides that one, which pic are you seeing the flaw in how I use the blending technique? If it's the multi-Doc one, I am very curious as to how I can improve said blending, concerning that particular picture.

Also, when you say lens flare, are speaking about the backlight on the multi-Doc pic, or do you mean the version of it with the swath of light across the front?

I've been trying to work on the lighting and saturation functions as tools for blending, but I am always wanting to understand superior methods. Any advice you may have is very welcome! :techman:

Thanks dear! :) :techman: And you are the first person to catch K-9's presence. The 9th Doctor using K-9 as a momentary seat is something I can completely see Eccles doing, so I had to include it, just like I made sure Five and Ten are sitting together, Eight is next to his fashion influence, One, and the 4th Doctor is situated a little apart from the group (much like real life).

Thanks again for the compliment. And considering you're always throwing out those awesome avatars of yours, I'm assuming you have some mad Photoshop skills yourself. I'd appreciate any advice you may have, as well. Also, if you have any works of your own, I'd love to see them... :techman:

3. WillsBabe

Here are a selection of Who avatars I've made. Looking through them all I realise I have loads. Here are a few.

The, my Photoshop skills are okay, but I'm not sure I know enough to teach anybody anything! Still, if you have an specific questions, I'll try to answer them. For myself, I just go with what seems to work! :lol:

[​IMG]

4. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

The:

Do you use layer masks for blending? If not, you really should. 90% of my 'shopping is layer mask work.

WillBabe:

I love your avatars - you have an individual style that works very well. Great stuff!

:D

5. Andy S

Andy S Captain Captain

These are fantastic. Each one is a mini work of art - very simple but very effective. Wish I had your imagination! :) :techman:

ETA: Was going to say I loved your one of Five the most, but then I think I noticed a (deliberate?) mistake on it. :D Still love it though.

6. The

I use them, but very badly. :lol:

That link rocks, though! Thank you very much for it! Since I'm just teaching myself this software in my spare time, and I have zero artistic talent in any other medium, I need all the help and advice I can get. Thanks man! :) :techman:

7. The

"Okay"?? Those are freakin' gorgeous, Babe! Just like Babbletechy said, each is a miniature masterpiece. Brigadier, Temp, and Fivey-5 are probably my favorites, if just because of the unconventional use of the photos. Temp is probably your most informed one as a digital artist. The composition and attention to detail of subject matter is especially apparent and appreciated. Lovely stuff! :techman:

8. WillsBabe

Wow! Thanks, ITL, Babbletechy and The for the lovely comments! I'm all a-blush!

Babbletechy, of course it wasn't a deliberate mistake, it was a total fubar! :lol:

I might post some more avatars later, if I get some time. You've all cheered me up a great deal with your lovely comments.

9. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Oh yeah, post more! I've only ever seen your Riker ones.

I guess this qualifies for this thread, even though it was (amateurishly) made with GIMP:

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2009
  10. Andy S

Andy S Captain Captain

Please do! :)

11. WillsBabe

[​IMG]

Here's some more avatar art. Pretty much a variation on themes of the ones I posted earlier.

12. The

Niiic! Love the solo Sarah-Jane, as well as the one with Tombo. Also, the Tom/Romana one is superb... :techman:

13. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

I really like the "Turn Left" one on the bottom! Very cool. :techman:

14. WillsBabe

Thanks for the feedback, The and auntiehill. :)

15. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Bloody fantastic stuff.:bolian:

16. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]

Does this work, mucked about with an online morphing site and photoshop.

17. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

More great stuff!

Not sure who you morphed with Davros, but it looks good! And it gave me the idea to do this:

[​IMG]

18. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

dude! that's clearly DT!

19. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

His nose, mouth, hair and facial shape, at least. :D

EDIT:

And I'm clearly an idiot. After all, it only took me a couple of hours to figure out you were referring to the picture by Pindar, not mine. And you're right. It clearly is.

*Beats self over head with stupid stick*

Last edited: May 28, 2009
  20. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I morphed him with David Tennant.

Ah I see I am also an idiot for not reading the above properly.

Your Davros is far superior to mine.