The USS Perseus

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ensign Ro-, Dec 10, 2012.

1. Ensign Ro-

Ensign Ro- Commander Red Shirt

I thought some here might enjoy seeing the namesake from an animated series I'm developing...STAR TREK: PERSEUS. It is a 2D cartoon being produced using a combination of Adobe Flash CS5 and AnimatePro2. Originally I had hoped to have a simple 3D model made as a reference for drawing various angles. These were done "old school"...just drawn. :-)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Bridge is still a work in progress, but here are some images to give you all a peek.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for taking a look. :-)

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Very cool stuff here :)

3. Solarbaby

Solarbaby Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Considering u haven't used a 3d model to base your oblique shots on they are pretty impressive perspectives. This is looking fantastic!

4. Klaus

Klaus Vice Admiral Admiral

...very nicely done!

5. Starship

Starship Captain Captain

Good work all around. :techman:

6. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Looks like Kirk & Uhura from TAS.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe its his Nephew? or Cousin? :)

8. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Very nice stuff. I'd love to see more.
    What era does it take place in?

9. Ensign Ro-

Ensign Ro- Commander Red Shirt

@ BillJ - This series is based directly off The Animated Series. I used that series as a template to design my characters. I attempted to add a bit more depth through some simple shading.

@ sbk1234 - My storyline takes place approximately 1 year after the events seen in ST VI: The Undiscovered Country. The Perseus is assigned to help oversee the dismantling of the Fed/Klingon Neutral Zone. Although her mission is primarily diplomatic in nature, she is a heavily armed and defended ship to ward off those that might want to take advantage of this tumultuous time in Federation history.

10. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I must say that I am impressed that you managed to do the Perseus at an angle in Illustrator, not an easy thing to do mind you, and even though she is obviously incomplete (there aren't any visible weapons, contrary to your statement that she is heavily armed), you also managed to add in a fair amount of detail.

The main change that I would do that comes to mind would be the to the part of the nacelle pylon that is on the saucer. To me, it looks like the front edge has a flat angle, so that it looks like a wall on top of the saucer, and what I would do is give it an angle, so that it is more like a slope on top of the saucer.
    Make any sense? The closest thing I can think of visually would be the raised portions on the Coventry/Surya/Miranda/Avenger classes.