STO: TrekBBS Armada and House of TrekBBS - Fleet discussion and FAQ

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Timelord Victorious, Apr 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Re: STO: TrekBBS Armada and House of TrekBBS - Fleet discussion and FA

Fleet marks have a 1:50 return, Dilithium has 1:1, everything else is less...

2. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Captain Captain

Yeah, I'm out of white doffs on all my toons. I'll buy some doff packs like you mentioned. Maybe I'll pickup a few good blues out of the deal. Thanks.

3. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

The Colony Invasion PVE event (in queue) is a very easy way to get around 60 Fleet Marks in about 5 minutes as well. I try and make a point of grinding that one out on any fleet toons daily, as that's good for fleet credits and really moves the projects along...

4. Capn Flukie

Capn Flukie Fleet Admiral Admiral

I haven't heard anyone mention Commendation Reports yet...

When your Duty Officer ranks hit 110,000 you can file a 'Commendation Report' for each one at the Fleet Starbase, it will use 10,000 points, but it will give 75 Fleet marks, and you can just do more missions until they are back up to 110,000, then file another report, another 75 Fleet Marks.

If you've never filed them and all your ranks are at 110,000 and over, you have the potential to gain 825 Fleet Marks.

5. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Plus during Crystalline Catastrophe Elite can net 65 fleet marks regularly or 85 during bonus the marks event

You can also get 100 Fleet marks if its a critical success.

6. Capn Flukie

Sweet!

7. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Starbase Fleet Defence gives a maximum of 127 fleet marks for a perfect run. Typically in a random pug I get 100 to 110.
    The Breach (Elite) gives 70+ fleet marks and 960(?) dil.
    Crystalline Entity (Elite) gives 65 fleet marks and 480(?) dil.

These are the ones that I usually farm for fleet marks.

8. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

I just mentioned Colony Invasion because it's so quick. Most of the rest of those are 10-15 min, colony invasion is like 5 min max. I guess if you were really grinding, you'd just do them all in a series :)

9. matthunter

matthunter Admiral Admiral

Agree on Colony Invasion - the Federation Fleet Alert one (the mini-version of Starbase Defence) is also fairly quick if the PUG has solid DPS and a good mix of multi-target abilities (Torp Spread/BFAW) and nets 47 marks consistently. I run that and Colony concurrently. Starbase Defence nets more but takes longer so it trades off.

If grinding Omega rep, the Defera ground missions are soloable in about an hour for the Easy/Medium ones and will net quite a few fleet marks as well if done during the Bonus event.

10. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

also may not hurt to have everyone start getting a little more active in recruiting. We could use more people donating to move some of these things along, and so far have been leaning pretty hard on a few people. (definitely appreciated, though!).

Maybe try and encourage people if you're in a team with anyone not already in a fleet, maybe we could try fleet recruitment on the starbase occasionally, etc. Not that we need to grow massively, just a little fresh blood would help share the load a bit...

11. Bird of Prey

Bird of Prey Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've been away from the board for a while but I still try to play regularily. When I can, I'm contributing white DOFF's by doing the recruitment DOFF missions at Starfleet Academy. Once I redeem them, I put them directly into whatever active upgrade we have going. I do this on all of my characters, and just transfer the DOFFs over to my main character who adds them to the fleet project. I also do the Commendation reports for the fleet marks, but I'm below the 10,000 level on a lot of them, so I need to start doing more missions.

12. Runetouch

Runetouch Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I am new to STO. Regarding your TrekBBS fleets, how many members are there in it?

13. JRS

JRS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I have not been very active in the fleet recently but I started grinding Fleet Marks with my tactical toon today, planning to get him fleet weapons/gear finally.
    I am planning to do the same for my science toon(s) in the fleet also, so I think I will be donating something at least in the few weeks to come:)

KDF side stuff is more difficult, cause the waiting times for fleet actions are much longer still.

14. Timelord Victorious

Difficult to estimate, because we don't purge the roster from players who are on hiatus since we have the roster space to spare for now.
    Also most of us have several alts in the fleet, so not every character is a different toon.
    We hovered around 50-60 individual players at some point, though not all of them are still active.
    there are probably a dozen or so players who are active in the game at any given time (not around the clock), but not everybody of those is regularly contributing, since the game demands so many resources for personal stuff, too.

So if you are looking for a fleet that is buzzing with activity you will have a hard time with the Armada.
    On the other hand, the fleet won't ever demand anything from you.
    We have a very basic progression plan. After a short grace period you get regular membership pretty much right after you have shown, that you are not just joining the plunder the bank.
    Once you are more familiar with the game you get the premium membership in the fleet with extended privileges.

Everything is extremely casual, so no other wild hoops to jump through to gain advantages like decent high end gear access through teh fleet vendors and discounts.

15. Capn Flukie

16. Runetouch

I am not really sure that the Fleet, in which my Starfleet character is, is good. Very few people are active, like one or two, and I think that's because the majority are from a different region from mine, and I didn't know that when I got the invite. And it is small, with only 30 members.

17. Timelord Victorious

Well, just leave your character@handle here and the next person online can invite you to the Armada.
    You can try how you like this bunch. ;)

To leave your old fleet open the fleet roster and you should find a leave button on the lower corner of the window.

Just don't expect 24/7 activity with us either, we are rather Eurocentric, though some Americans as well, of course and I think eastern hemisphere has a few members, too.

18. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Agreed. We're not super active with events and whatnot, but you're more than welcome to take charge of that if you like. Plus side is that we're not pushy, there are NO fleet politics, etc. Participate, share stuff in the bank, donate to the projects when you can. We're not at max level with everything yet, but making pretty good progress for the number of people we have that regularly contribute...

19. Runetouch

That would suit me fine.

I'll leave this fleet by tomorrow. Please send me an invite tomorrow(26th January, 2014) after 1:30 gmt.
    Carter@codimus123

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
  20. Timelord Victorious

Invite sent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.