Worf on Nemesis

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by dispatcher812, Sep 21, 2008.

1. dispatcher812

dispatcher812 Commander Red Shirt

Ok, in continuing with my marathon, i am now on Nemesis. If Work is now permentaly assigned to Enterprise, what is his position? He still is in red. Is he head of security?

2. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's anybody's guess whether Worf is a regular or merely a passenger who gets to play with the toys. Worf was offered ambassadorship at the conclusion of his DS9 tour of duty, but we never learn whether he actually received it, or stayed at the job for more than two weeks. He could have a ship of his own for all we know.

Timo Saloniemi

3. Newspaper Taxi

Newspaper Taxi Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If I recall correctly, there was a deleted scene from Nemesis with Worf drinking at the Riker-Troi wedding. Someone asks him what it was like being an ambassador and he makes a grumble like "It wasn't for me." I'm not 100% on this one, but it was something like that.

4. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yup. The wording doesn't reveal whether Worf dropped the idea before his first day at work, or after his sixty-third, but certainly Worf makes perfect sense...

Timo Saloniemi

5. dispatcher812

dispatcher812 Commander Red Shirt

Yes but in the books there are several mentions of him being an ambassador. Do the books flow with the movies or are the a sepaerate eality if you will.

6. ialfan

ialfan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The books flow with the movies. In the books he was an ambassador up until a few months before Nemesis when circumstances had him transfer back to the Enterprise. You can read about it in the 9-part "A Time to..." series.

7. leandar

leandar Vice Admiral Admiral

Worf was actually going to be Riker's first officer on the Titan and he was acting chief of security during the events of Nemesis because the actual chief of security had taken shore leave on Earth and the second in command had recently resigned. When Data died, Picard asked Worf to remain on the Enterprise and he did so, eventually becoming first officer in the post-Nemesis books.;

8. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Which gave him a decent four year stint as an ambassador.