Awesome Quotes

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Kenbushway, Nov 20, 2012.

1. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I always preferred:

"No capes!"

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Every since I watched an early Stargate episode I've been saying, "Hail Dorothy!" whenever anyone does anything exciting, like finding their phone charger. It's starting to annoy people a lot :D

3. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

:lol: Also useful advice!

I wish I could remember all of this to be able to actually quote it when I want to (just had to go look it up :D) - it's said by Mr Willis, in the West Wing episode Mr Willis of Ohio

4. Kenbushway

Kenbushway Captain Captain

"Don't try to be a great man, just be a man." - Zefram Cochran

I just feel that since we are in a trek website.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2012
  5. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

At my old job, a few of us repeated the phrase, "No motivation, no pride."

Yet our productivity increased over the years. Pride in our work was our motivation. We just had lousy morale. Really lousy morale.

6. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Zefram.

Hand in your Trek ID.

7. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

"Good evening...ladies and gentlemen...Welcome to Yankee Stadium."

- Bob Sheppard

8. teya

teya Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes!

My grandfather got off a boat in 1920 & landed in Yankee Stadium. We are four generations of Yankee fans, encompassing every glorious era of Yankee baseball.

As I posted on Pinterest last spring, other families celebrate Easter or Passover.

My family celebrates Opening Day. At the only stadium that matters: Yankee. :)

9. Mr. Laser Beam

^ OMFG, teya, I had no idea you were a Yankee fan! :adore: ;)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2012
  10. Kenbushway

Kenbushway Captain Captain

I actually copied/paste that straight from the internet, I didn't catch the mistake.

11. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    I'm sorry to hear that you couldn't go see them, because it's soooo worth it! They are awesome live, and Tom's even better than on the records. The funny thing is, I've been living in Germany for a few years now, and Keane aren't so big around here...meaning they play at smaller venues than at home. The 02 in London is huge, but the place they played at in Hamburg was less than half its size. I was standing right at the front, and it was so great! *swoon* At some point, when Tom announced Hamburg Song, my sister and I kind of flipped out a little, and he grinned down at us. That was the best.

Anyway, Tim's got the tattoo-worthiest quotes of all time. For me. :luvlove:

12. TorontoTrekker

TorontoTrekker Vice Admiral Admiral

A friend of mine by the name of Alan Lutton posted something on Livejournal a few years ago that I loved so much, I appropriated it for my email signature (with his permission, of course, though it throws him whenever I email him and he sees it):

Another friend, James Nicoll, posted something online about 20 years ago which has become rather famous:

I frequently see this printed on t-shirts with no attribution, or with an incorrect attribution, so I always point out who actually said it.

13. Mr. Laser Beam

"HOLY MOLEY!!! Man, woman and child, did that put 'em in the aisles! Johnny 'The Jet' Rodgers just tore 'em loose from their shoes!" - Lyell Bremser

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJOlzDJiaDw[/yt]

14. Jan

Jan Commodore Commodore

I've got two particular faves:

"I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe." ~~ Marcus Cole, Babylon 5

"Please consider yourself, now and henceforth, and no matter what anyone else ever tells you, free to do any damend thing you want that doesn't hurt someone else unnecessarily." ~~ Lady Sally McGee (Spider Robinson)

Jan