Top Gear New Series

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Bob The Skutter, Jun 22, 2008.

1. eventcrasher

eventcrasher Cadet Newbie

That is so hilariously funny... the dog wasnt there for a long time now..

2. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

Someone on final gear rung him up pretending to be from the daily mail to see what he had to say:eek::lol:
    http://forums.finalgear.com/top-gea...replica-hit-out-against-topgear-40875/page-2/

3. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

I think the complaint is bullshit. In my opinion it was as obvious as anything could be that the fake-Stratos power lap was faked - the Stig doesn't spin. ;)
    Not everything on Top Gear is spontaneous (or maybe even very little), I'm sure all regular viewers are aware of that and wouldn't judge a car by anything that happens on the show.

I understand why the builder may be a little offended (and maybe embarrassed) by Clarkson's comments, but the car itself came across very well imo.

4. Serial thread killer

Just so you all know top gear will be on at 8.30pm this week and on Sunday December 13th there will be no top gear because the BBC is showing some men hit a ball with a stick instead.

5. The Squire of Gothos

The Squire of Gothos Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This Sunday... Belfast! I'm looking forward to this one so much more than usual :techman:

6. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

7. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Just saw the one with Jay Leno last night. Didn't think Canada would get it so soon considering we haven't gotten the rest of that season yet, only a few episodes in. It's like they skipped right to the end of the season for promotional purposes.

8. Kibbin

Kibbin Commodore Commodore

A quick fyi by Jay Leno is that one where they test the new car in America with the new sort of fuel. If not can someone give me a link to that story because it sounded really interesting and now I can't remember anything about it and haven't heard anything about it since.

9. Kirks_Flying_Wig

Kirks_Flying_Wig Commander Red Shirt

All cars should come equipped with a Ross Kemp in the boot.

The airport truck racing was very stupid.

10. Geckothan

Geckothan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Bit of a weak episode tonight, but still entertaining. Episodes without big films usually feel lacking to me though.

11. The Squire of Gothos

The Squire of Gothos Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Honda FCX Clarity if I recall correctly.

Wasn't it :techman: Hammond's new racing series are worth catching, even if forgetting my jacket in my ex's left me missing the first minute or two.

Good show tonight, I wish I'd known Guy Ritchie was on in advance, I could have scheduled my apparently now regular toilet break mid-show for his lap and interview.

Nice shots of Northern Ireland, it looks like they took a spin along the Antrim Coast Road. TG magazine had incidently voted it one of the top roads in the world to drive along a few years back. The hatch backs side by side aren't that shocking to see, but usually it's some farmers in Suzuki Vitaras doing the idiotic overtaking :rolleyes:

The cranes of Harland and Wolff are pretty impressive to look at, the closest I've been able to get is thus far;

[​IMG]

I took that with a camera phone, hence the rather awesome scale and sunlight look rather flat.

12. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Another brilliant episode- and I love the way they're winding up the Hate Mail over the Mail's attempts to find stuff to slag them off about...

13. Kibbin

Kibbin Commodore Commodore

Thanks for that. I wonder how long it will be till we really see these on the road. ATM they only seem to be rented and in souther california. Honnestly its these sort of things that give me hope for mankind, not far fetched dreams of spaceships and aliens but us having a problem and then solving it in a normal sensible fashion. Sortof like Patlabour (the anime if anybodies heard of it)

As for the Gay thing, I literally laughed out loud when we cut back to the shot of Richard and May to find the village people behind them :guffaw:

14. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

It was the Mirror this week, just for a change :guffaw:

I liked this week's episode more than the last one. Hammond's ridiculous races always have comedy value, and this new 'trend' of road tests is pure genius.

Love that Range Rover and its perv-o-cam as well. Heh heh heh.

15. Iasius

Iasius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked the other parts of this episode, but the reviews of the X5 and Audi bored me for the most part.

It's not like ever do a real review, so there wasn't that. I just didn't find anything interesting about those two cars.
    They also didn't make it particularly funny either or maybe I've just watched a bit too much Top Gear by now so the more normal segments don't interest me much.

The Range Rover part was better.

16. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Good episode, but not enough May.

17. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

Lame.

Too much Jezza. Was James even there?

18. StolenThunder

StolenThunder Poster Premium Member

It was alright. Infinitely better because of the presence of Super Army Soldier Ross Kemp.

19. Serial thread killer

It was not the best but not the worst TG ep.
    I wish they could have found James something to do.

20. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

May will get his share of the action don't you worry! Don't forget, he does a lot of other TV shows as well and probably isn't as available as Clarkson. Hammond isn't plastering every moment of BBC1 at the moment either so he's more free for Gear than usual.