Twelth doctor cast?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Samurai8472, Feb 25, 2013.

1. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't see why not, since they have revived quite a few previously corny 'classic' villans over the past years. Plus, we have see hints of him with the Dreamlord. To that end, we have seen the Doctor get darker then he ever got in the classic series so it is very concievable that as a means to rid himself of increasing darkness, his body somehow expelled the darkness in his 13th regeneration thus forming the Dreamlord/Valeyard. We have seen a similar 3rd person entity before with 'the watcher' when the 4th Doctor regenerated although he was mergeing in not out.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^You mean his 12th regeneration. One birth + 12 regenerations = 13 incarnations.

3. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

While I think writers will (and should) continue to explore the darker sides of the Doctor, I don't think the Valeyard as a character/concept is going to happen. I think the closest we will get was the Dream Lord.

I think its just an idea that will remain with the classic series. I don't have a logical reason, other than its a corny name, it's been done. The Valeyard isn't iconic. Not in the way the Daleks, Cyberman, The Master, the Silurians are.

I think it's a character that's almost to fanwankery to bring back. And I love me the Sixth Doctor.

The Valeyard and the Rani... I just don't see either of them making an appearance. I don't know what purpose it would serve.

Sure, if there's the right story... but... Doctor Who isn't about continuity, and the Valeyard is a continuity specific character... "the darker aspects between this and this incarnation" which implies they HAVE to do it... but, the general audience the BBC is serving doesn't care, doesn't remember.

Bring the icons back, create new villains. No Valeyard, No Rani, and no ZYGONS. I have NO idea why they are always a demand to bring back. Weren't they only in ONE serial?

4. Avalon

Avalon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Because you should always let Zygons be Zygons?

I'll get my hat.

5. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The Rani was in two.

6. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

We... don't like to talk about that.

7. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

:lol:

I liked the Zygons, sure they were only in one story (although they have been used in the books). Like the Rutans their strength is that they can shapeshift, but unlike the Rutans their natural form was quite decent. I dunno, I've always felt they were one of those classic monsters that wouldn't need a huge makeover (certainly less of an update than the Ice Warriors would!)

8. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm actually glad you posted that rebuttal. It's one of the most "open ended" concepts ever created. If the show were canceled tomorrow, if enough time passed that everyone currently involved with the show right now, actors and production crew, were to grow old and pass away, the concept could still be revived like some benevolent Frankenstein's Monster. I just hope if the show is dropped in a couple of years, I'll still be around and lucid enough to enjoy it when it is eventually revived.

Nah, I just stated what I did because I get tired about this regeneration limit business.

Sincerely,

Bill

9. CommanderRaytas

CommanderRaytas DISCO QUEEEEEEN Rear Admiral

Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic
    Is that an issue right now?

10. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Probably not, but the BBC has been known to cancel things that were still drawing in the viewers simply because they felt they'd run their course. I would suspect Who was still fairly bullet proof...for the moment at least...

11. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, the Zygons were kind of featured in The Power of Three, even if it was off camera.

12. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Well, actually 3 Stories, but, it's the third story taking place in The East End that we don't talk about :devil:

13. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I was referring to the Zygons.

Featured? They were mentioned.

14. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

I nearly mentioned it once but I think I got away with it...

:shifty:

15. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

Because we saw the aftermath of a Zygon attack.

16. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^Yeah, but the point is that an offhand mention in one scene isn't prominent enough to qualify as "featured."

17. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They should bring the Rutans back!

18. _C_

_C_ Commander Red Shirt

I wish Josh Groban was the 12th Doctor...a girl can dream!

19. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Why did i read this as They should bring back the Rutles. :wtf:

Might be too early, coffee not kicked in yet.:lol:

20. Chaos Descending

Chaos Descending Vice Admiral Admiral

They should bring Burt Rutan in!