Would you like for Chapel to appear in a new movie?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by borgboy, Oct 31, 2013.

1. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

I'd like to see more of the secondary characters appear in the new movies. Especially Christine Chapel, I've always been very fond of her. I think that Chapel should've been Spock's love interest, and Uhura with Kirk. We did get a mention of her in the new movie, even if it was pretty awful to learn that she left the Enterprise after a one night stand with Kirk and he didn't even remember! I know Kirk is promiscuous, but it seems pretty unprofessional that he's so casually sleeping with his crew members.
    I'd like for Chapel to appear in a new movie, and maybe she could have a romance with McCoy this time around since Spock is spoken for.
    I think Charlize Therzon would be a good casting, she has a similar cool stautesque beauty to Majel.

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

What's the point? They already don't have enough screen time for the minor characters they do have.

So, no.

3. borgboy

Ideally, there'd be a little more balance in how the characters were used. Chapel could be a supporting character in a McCoy subplot.

4. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I thought she would be in the first movie, maybe called by Bones in a scene.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ She was.

6. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]
    She was. They could have pointed her out a bit more.

7. borgboy

She was in it? Wow. I missed that. I remember hearing her name, and my Chapel loving fanboy heart skipped a beat just to hear her name, but somehow I completely missed seeing her.
    I think the movies could do with another female supporting character. I didn't care that much for the nu Carol Marcus. She had a good scene or two. I loved the scene where she freaked out at being transported off the bridge of the Enterprise against her will.

8. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Never a fan of Chapel (or Rand). So I can't say I'd miss her.

9. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

If I have to choose, I'd rather Carol Marcus come back for the next film.

That said, the more the merrier. Chapel (bring), Rand (it), Kyle (on), Leslie (all), Arex (the), M'Ress (way).

Big Boo, has the incredibly gorgeous medical person you've blessed us with a picture of there been confirmed as having been Chapel? She's the one Kirk briefly flirted with in STXI, when he first went to sickbay, I think. He said, "Hi" to her in the I-think-you're-beautiful voice, but by then he was also getting pretty high on drugs.

10. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I believe it's the same woman that Bones called for when Kirk's hands were swelled, that was just a better shot of her. He calls her Chapel.

11. Commishsleer

Commishsleer Commodore Commodore

Chapel can be Kirk's baby momma instead of Marcus.

They had an affair. He didn't remember her name. She's going to come and drop the baby in his lap. :lol:

12. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

No, never thus identified. While it's been speculated by someone at deviantART that she might be Chapel, she's identified at Memory Alpha only as one of several unnamed medical staff, and the actress' IMDb entry has her as "Enterprise nurse".

13. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm your counterpart, and I approve of this message.

14. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I will only accept M'Ress if she is totally FURRED!!

Or, if not, there must be a waxing convo.

15. Cara007

Cara007 Lieutenant

Yes sure. why not. The same goes for Rand but the thing is that the films already suffers from too much characters with less time to give all of them some type of development especially when Kirk and Spock are still the two main leading characters and much focus is put on their friendship.

We only have like 2 hours to focus on 11-13 characters not to mention the fact that Abram's films are so fast paced and action packed. There is just not enough time to deal with all the characters in a 2 hours film or have them interact with each other for a long time which is what Trek has always been about.

Perhaps this is the main reason why Trek needs to return to TV.

16. borgboy

I think McCoy deserves a little more screen time, and Chapel is a pretty logical character for him to interact in, as a collegue, friend and possible love interest. Even a two hour movie, especially in it's third installment, should have time for more characters to shine than just Kirk and Spock (And Uhura).

17. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

He clearly had the hots for Marcus in STID.

18. Malaika

Malaika Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

basically.
    You see it in the comics. With the addiction of Carol they're basically shoehorning her everywhere as if they feel the need to and sometimes it's rather forced especially when you think that there are other existing secondary characters (Chekov, Sulu.. ) that are completely forgotten.

19. Cara007

Cara007 Lieutenant

Perhaps you feel threatened because Carol might steal Uhura's thunder as the queen of the enterprise.:lol:

I read the comics and I think it is nice to have carol there. she and Kirk are going to get together at some point. it is way too obvious.

What better way to have them get together than to let her function as his other science officer.

Hey Borgboy how are things going? I hope our different views on slash fan fictions and the concept of what marriage is will not stop us from enjoying and discussing trek together.

20. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I am with you on this one. Neither is essential to a movie.