(UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jax, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Derby 2 Leeds 1

Shame. Not.

2. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

Any day when Leeds lose is cause for celebration. Thank you Derby.

3. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Your welcome :lol:

4. Angel4576

Tuesday was quite satisfying, despite the poor performance.

They sold out their allocation and it made a terrific atmosphere. They were making loads of noise before kickoff and it continued all the way through to the 4th minute when Villa scored! :lol:

A quick second, ten or so minutes later, and that was that.

Fair play, they still kept singing, but the 'We all love Leeds' b*llocks became old quite quickly. Although it was nice to hear our response of 'We all love 2-0 leads'!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2008
  5. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Sounds likw the moment we went 2-0 up we thought it was job done, eased back and consequently found oursevles on the back front...still nice to get to the quarter finals, very nice! Going to the Sheff Wed game tomorrow so hopefully we'll win again!

6. Angel4576

^^ Yeah, that's exactly what happened. 2-0 up and looked very dangerous. We had another couple of chances shortly after the second goal, but after that it was very noticable that we just decided that we'd won the game already. Players workrates started to drop and particularly in the second half we probably played at about 60%. We had one meaningful attack in the second half which resulted in Hulse hitting the bar. Quite funny really as it came about because Claude went up into their box for a setpiece. Seems he creates chaos in anyone's box!

Not going tomorrow, couldn't really get another pass from the missus unfortunately. I see Laws has been mouthing off about how confident he is of winning. Perhaps time to remind him of a certain Dave Jones goal and his mardy tw*t response after the match.....

7. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

ha ha, I like the notion that Claude is dangerous in both boxes. I think he's a bit like Wanchope...even he doesn't know what he's about to do!

Only my second match of the season but hopefully we'll do better than my first, Doncaster!!

8. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

What a joke, ENG squad...

Goalkeepers: Carson, Hart, James.

Defenders: Bridge, Johnson, Davies, Lescott, Terry, Mancienne, Upson, Richards.

Midfielders: Lampard, Gerrard, Wright-Phillips, A Young, Downing, Barry, Carrick, Walcott.

Strikers: Agbonlahor, Bent, Defoe, Crouch.

so Mancienne over Woodgate, Taylor or Wheater (2 of them keeps him out the U21 squad and Mancienne never played a PL game in his life).

COMPLETE FUCKING JOKE

I smell 5-1 to Ger

9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Its only a complete joke if they lose, if they win its inspired ;)

Great result for us today, Jordan Stewart's goal was sensational, he can't have intended it but if he did, genius!

10. HappyDayRiot

^ Arsenal lost at home to Villa and Cardiff beat Neil Warnock. A good day all round.

Are Rooney and Ferdinand properly injured then? I noticed they didn't play today but I thought it was due to some kind of bug.

I see Downing's still in. Just how useless does he have to be to not get picked?

11. Angel4576

We were ripping the piss out of Stewart during the Forest game, saying that he thought he was Roberto Carlos. Then, he goes and unleashes a fcuking thunderbolt!

Good win. Take that Laws you mouthy tw*t.

12. Darth_Yoda

Darth_Yoda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Not for me :scream: Watched the highlights and the better team one (I'm saying that alot this season :p)

Even though Arsenal are a London club I was pleased for Villa and always have been a fan of O'Niell. Other than that not really any surprises at any of the results, with the exception of Fulham-Spurs. But I think Harry is allowed a blip once or twice ;).

I thought the sending off for Boyce was a little harsh, granted it was for a second yellow but from the replays, he go the ball in my opnion.

13. HappyDayRiot

I don't think it's even a matter of opinion Boyce got the ball. He must clearly did. That annoyed me no end - I quite like Wigan and thought they had that game well under control up until he got sent off.

14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Germany must be licking there lips and once again ENG players proved there all made of wather thin paper...

Hart, Ferdinand, A.Cole, Gerrard, Rooney, Heskey, Hargreaves (out for season) and maybe Terry all INJURED.

15. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

It's only a friendly though. People have been demanding a place for Agbonlahour and Young for ages, and they'll probably get their chance.

Germany's squad isn't exactly packed with world-beaters either. No Ballack, following his contretemps with Löw (and injury), no Frings, no Lahm, Fritz or Jansen either. Keep an eye on Marko Marin if he plays - he is supposed to be the most talented German player in decades. Only their forwards are arguably stronger than those in the England squad.

German squad:

Adler, Wiese

Compper, Friedrich, Hinkel, Mertesacker, Schäfer, Tasci, Westermann

Hitzlsperger, Jones, Marin, Rolfes, Schweinsteiger, Trochowski, Weis

Gómez, Helmes, Klose, Podolski

16. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

No Such thing when its ENG vs. GER and looking at there front line, I think Germany will win by at least 2 goals (3-1)

17. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Terry is fit but Lampard is out now :rolleyes:

Scott Parker and Bullard are in the squad now though I would of prefered Jenas, Noble, Johnson, or Huddlestone to be in the squad.

18. HappyDayRiot

Chelsea, Liverpool and Man United play go missing for a friendly.

Surprised?

19. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm delighted. I'd rather all our players retired from international football - Owen was ruined by England, and Spain seem intent on doing the same with Torres.

20. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Theo Walcott has damaged his injury prone shoulder ONCE AGAIN :rolleyes: so is out of the match too and its too late to call up a replacement. TBH I would play 4-5-1 with two holding players in Carrick & Barry with Gabby up on his own. I would also play Young and SWP with him for a 3 prong attack.

GER is still my favourite to win 2-0.