Trek Dream

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by sbk1234, Oct 12, 2012.

1. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    At least the Vulcan breasts are canon :)

I did have a very nice Malcolm dream once.

2. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

I have never had a Trek dream - at least one that I can recall. It is with great sadness that I say this.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last night I had a horrible dream about human/cow hybrids. It was ghastly.

The last Trek dream I had involved Malcolm and Shran.

4. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I won't ask where the antenna go.

5. teacake

Oh I see I posted it already in this thread.

I dreamed I was in a dark underground prison with Reed and Shran. Unfortunately Shran died, sacrificed himself to save us.

Sadly there just wasn't time for any antennae insertions.

6. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

A couple of nights ago I dreamed I was watching the new movie. It was SO bad. It even had a narration like something from the old Buck Rogers tv show "Last time on Star Trek..."

I was very disappointed, and sure glad when I woke up.

7. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

only one i can remember is a year or two when i had a dream i was watching star trek into the darkness in the theters before we knew anything and spock/kirk are talking then all of a sudden the enterprise turns up and its a transformer. thats all i remember.

8. Xhiandra

Xhiandra Captain Captain

It's threads like this that make me wonder what dreams are like.
    Never ever remembered a single one in 29 years of existence.

Dreams are "weird stories people like to tell" as far as I'm concerned.

I rate this thread 6.89 out of 10 on the weirdness scale. You guys can do better!

9. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Everybody dreams. But not everyone remembers their dreams naturally. There are ways to coax yourself into remembering them, though. Plenty of stuff on the Internet if you search around. :)

10. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah. Didn't you see the TNG episode "Night Terrors?"

11. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    VOY's Waking Moments is much funnier. :)

12. Xhiandra

Xhiandra Captain Captain

That's what I said, is it not?
    And actually, recent research seems to indicate some people don't.

13. Gary7

Gary7 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes, I wasn't disputing that--I was just emphasizing the fact that everyone does dream as a set up for what I was saying next.

Why not? Dreams are amazing things. They are a form of subconscious communication with yourself. They tap into emotions you haven't deal with, so if you actively address them you can help assuage unresolved issues. Studies have shown that pleasant dreaming improves your mood upon awakening. :)

14. rocketdave

rocketdave Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I had a dream Mokey from Fraggle Rock was pregnant and Doctor Crusher was her OBGYN.

15. Melakon

A few years after my Dad died, I went through a repeating dream cycle that sequentially added to itself over 5 successive nights, finally ending in a screaming nightmarish conclusion. It was so disturbing, it motivated a trip back to the old house I'd spent ten years in to put my mind at ease. It was sort of the equivalent to Sisko's Saratoga flashbacks in "Emissary".

16. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

I had one last night. I was on a train, and we were going into the Unimatrix, all glowy and green. And I was looking at my nice shiny phaser. Then Buffy was there, sitting a table with her friends (I'm assuming Xander and Willow and all that, but I didn't really see them) and I was wondering how Buffy would go against the borg. That's all I remember about it...

17. TorontoTrekker

TorontoTrekker Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't recall any dreams where I was part of a starship crew, or anything like that, but the other night I dreamt that I was at a convention. Since I've worked on several conventions in my adult life, that wasn't really very strange. The strange part was that this convention was being held in a giant treehouse. The convention was ending, and first David Gerrold, then KRAD, who had both been guests, came by to hug me good-bye. (That part wasn't strange, either, as I've worked on cons where David and Keith have been guests, and I've socialized with both of them.)

I have no idea what significance the dream had. It was nothing like any of my usual dreams (which I don't often remember). One friend, after I posted about it on Facebook, responded, "Those are all people you like and respect, conventions are fun, which is a concept that works well with being a child again, and tree houses are fun places for kids (And, kids at heart) to play in. It's all about the funz." That works as well as anything else.

18. teacake

I dreamt I was at home watching Star Trek the other night when I was sleeping away from home and kind of over heated and dehydrated and exhausted. It was so soothing.. staring at the monitor at the Trek. It was some kind of weirdly generic THIS IS TREK trek.

19. Melakon

I believe I've had some Trek dreams recently for the first time. Perhaps they were subconsciously inspired by this thread. Though it's more likely because since 3 January, I've bought 3 collections-- Fan Collectives Borg and Captain's Log, and DS9 Season 7. I've not watched anything but Star Trek since then. Unfortunately, the only thing I can remember about the dream is a Ferengi was in it.

20. Captain Rob

Captain Rob Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I had an odd Trek dream about a year ago. I was just wandering around the Enterprise-E when Worf comes up and orders me to report to the Captain on the bridge. I go to the bridge and approach the Captain. The Captain's chair turns around and it's Lara Croft in a Captain's uniform. Intertesting genre crossing.