Thor 2 -Movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics till release 2013

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Aldo, May 6, 2012.

1. Sagart

Sagart Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I saw this last night at a midnight show. It's great fun, the most swashbuckling Marvel movie yet and, for me, the best CBM of the year.

2. .:: TSN ::.

.:: TSN ::. Captain Captain

It was fun. Didn't stay for end end credits scene, did watch Guardians clip.

Especially enjoyed watching Thor's hammer at the end battle :D And really unexpected twist at the end..

3. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I loved how they used the gravity wells in the battle scene. About the ending, do you think this means that Loki killed Odin or locked him away, or was he just sitting on the throne while Odin was off somewhere else?

Also, if anybody doesn't want to wait until the end this is what the final end credits scene is -

Jane, Darcy etc are eating in their flat when they notice a storm is brewing. Jane smiles, and then Thor appears and the two of them kiss. Then we go bac to the area where the first discover the gravity wells and one of the creatures that slipped through is running about.

4. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just got home from seeing it and loved it! My favourite marvel movie so far. Here's some quick thoughts:

The only criticisms i had are that Malekith and the Elves are underdeveloped. Christopher Eccleston gives a great performance and i wanted to see a lot more of Malekith. Sif and the Warriors Three were under used as well.

Everything else was great. The cast all give great performances and a stand out for me was Rene Russo. Frigga got give a very cool action scene and was great to see an older actress in a fight sequence.

The mid credit sequence is great and Benecio del toro looks like he is going to be amazing as the collector.

5. .:: TSN ::.

.:: TSN ::. Captain Captain

I would guess that Odin is either captured or killed. No way would he allow Loki to stay free especially since he has no idea what happened between him and Thor. He probably suprised him when posing as a guard earlier in the film. There didnt seem to be any people around when they met.

And from real world standpoint I would say that answer depends on whether Anthony Hopkins wants to return for third movie.

6. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I dislike the different release dates. Why do I have to wait until November 8th?

7. Duncan MacLeod

Duncan MacLeod Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't like it either, but it seems to be working out well for Marvel, so I don't see them changing it any time soon.

8. trekkiebaggio

Yeah, that's what I thought. I imagine that Thor 3 will be about Thor regaining control of Asgard from Loki and finally taking his place as King.

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Releasing it overseas first builds up hype for when it is released in America. This was shown with the Avengers, I remember the hype was huge the days up to the American premiere.

Also I think it helps deals with overseas piracy somewhat.

10. Agony_Boothb

Agony_Boothb Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's my birthday today (1st november) so i like to think that Marvel studios knew that and decided to give me an early birthday present and changed the release date accordingly :D

11. trekkiebaggio

I got around to writing a quick review.

12. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

And help with piracy in America? IMO, worldwide releases should be the norm.

Bappy Hirthday!!! :hugegrin:

13. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, it's his job after all. That said, he is a good casting choice, portrays the character well, and seems to have a lot of fun with the role.

14. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

15. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just got back from seeing it.

I enjoyed it, but I was surprised to see one actor in it as I hadn't heard he was in it.

The cinema was fairly packed and there were a few laughs throughout the film:)

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I'm really surprised they don't just do worldwide simultaneous realeses for all of the big movies. It seems to be the best way to avoid both spoilers and piracy.

17. trekkiebaggio

Yeah I'm glad they kept that quiet. Also liked the way it was shot, leaving the reveal to the last possible moment.

I heard the first negative things about the film today, one of the reviewers who writes for the film website I also write for backed out of reviewing it because he "had nothing for contempt for it and it bored me from start to finish." Which I thought was rather harsh.

18. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

^Some people are just like that. There was a reviewer for the Volcano in Tacoma whose review for the first Thor was more a rant about superhero movies in general and a complaint that his editor made him watch it in the first place. I never read anything he wrote ever again. Don't feed the trolls.

In other news, Thor: The Dark World has already topped one hundred million at the box office.

19. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

If you have been watching AMC movie talk, it seems that Thor's Jamie Alexander...has been talking to DC... and the insinuation is (they can't come out and say it, but the insinuation is definitely there) that she will be playing Wonder Woman in the Superman/ Batman debacle.

20. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

I only sporadically pay attention, but some critics have had it in for superhero films for years. They're eager to declare the death of the trend whenever the odd big-budget flop like Green Lantern comes along. I'm sure that The Avengers must have gotten them pretty frustrated....As long as there are crazy money success stories like that, studios will keep churning them out hoping for the next big one.

And sweet news about Thor 2's numbers before it's even hit the States!