The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

I never understood why so many people clung to that theory. It's like they're expecting things to be more complex than the show ever seems to be.

2. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

That episode was definitely dark. After Lizzie's attempt to make them see, I thought to myself the only way to resolve that would be to kill her but I was shocked that they did it. I also liked Tyreese's resolve to Carol's admittance.

Daryl's smoking cabin confirms the time linking between their episodes so my theory that Daryl's episode was a day behind in the timelines was incorrect which means Daryl not only went the wrong way on the tracks tracking Tyreese and Carol's group, but it will be hard for him to get back with the group before the last two episodes, based on the number of episodes and the distance gained after separation.

Great episode.

But their wasn't zombies in "Of Mice and Men". :p

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  3. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

It also seemed to me that Carol and Tyreese at the end of this episode were walking in the direction AWAY from Terminus given the position of the walker on the tracks behind them.

4. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

No, the walker came up behind them on the track at the beginning of the episode.

5. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Didn't see that twist, although I knew that bitch be crazy. Wow.

6. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Not a bad episode, I didn't really find it that "intense" as some on here apparently did. Just because having read the comics I (and others) figured a few weeks ago (when Lizzie was smothering baby Judith) that they'd be doing the Billy & Ben plot with the girls instead.

Suppose we don't really need spoiler code for this?
    As in the comic post-prison Ben kills Billy in a similar fashion and is found by the group, who don't really know what to do with him at first. And Carl is the one who sneaks into Ben's tent in the middle of the night and shoots him.
    (whereas in the show they've already had Carl do his 'ruthless killer' stuff at the very end of Season 3 when he shot that kid from Woodbury)

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

What if she wasn't crazy?

Maybe her brain was so haywire that she could hear zombies?

8. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

The psychotic Zombie Whisperer?

9. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

10. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I for one am glad they didn't go the psychic zombie mind reader route.

11. Trekker4747

I think a girl killing her little sister and then executing that girl is pretty "intense."

12. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

^I was going to say the same thing.

13. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

I must say that the girl who played Lizzie did a good job.

14. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Infraction for trolling. Comments to PM

15. Ryan8bit

Yeah, knowing how the comics turned out, I still thought it was intense. And I wasn't sure if they were going to stick close or do something else given how much they've strayed. Gimple seems to be doing a lot more strict copying though.

Also, in this episode it was pretty clear Mika was going to go. Carol talked about her being like Sophia, which was pretty obvious foreshadowing. And then of course, she started talking more than she ever has, which is a bad sign on this show. Regardless, it's still pretty tragic. Children aren't really meant for this world.

16. Corran Horn

Corran Horn Vice Admiral Admiral

yeah...and...uh...are these actress kids going to be screwed up now?

Can't say I didn't at least think it. I imagine not in reality.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2014
  17. Trekker4747

During the Talking Dead behind-the-scenes clips they seemed like very nice, very talented and aware/brilliant beyond their years. My impressions of them, from the segment, is that they'll weather the experience well.

18. Ethros

Huh? The actresses, in real life you mean? It's a TV show... it's not real.
    Did the kid in ET really believe he was friends with an alien? Or the kid in Let The Right One In that he knew a vampire, or The Sixth Sense boy think that his co-stars were really ghosts?
    The girl who played Lizzie is 11, I think she knows it's not a documentary.

Well I was just waiting through the episode easily expecting it to happen any minute is all I mean. Still good acting from the cast though.

And whoop, some deaths! ;)
    18 main characters down to 16 now.

19. Ryan8bit

I'm sure we're just going to be introduced to new characters. We already have Daryl's group, and then the abductor of Beth is probably not someone we know yet. The show is always going to maintain a dozen as the core, with several supporting actors.

Also, did anyone think that they maybe should have just left Lizzie there instead of killing her? Maybe that would make her a threat, or maybe she would come to Terminus and cause problems, but was that really the only way?

20. Ethros

When she said she was gonna kill the baby too it was pretty much bye bye time. Better to not have her kill anyone else (like any other passerby survivors if they had left her there, who would think "aw a poor little girl on her own, let's take her with us", and then one morning wake up with a knife in their stomach)