Survivor 26: Fans vs Favorites Discussion

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Garak, Feb 13, 2013.

1. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^I think this show is probably best drunk...

2. Yoda

Well, that Hantzsplosion certainly didn't disappoint :lol:

3. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Psy-cho-path.

It takes a concerted effort to make Philip look like a paragon of self control.

Did you see the way Probst was rubbing his shoulders? He was terrified Brandon was about to physically attack someone.

"I'm doing this for my family!"

Yeah Brandon, your kids are going to see this the moment they're old enough to discover Youtube.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  4. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

Oh yeah. :lol:

5. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

I found it funny that in the preview for last week's episode, they had shown clips of the Hantz meltdown, but they weren't in the actual episode. Then, in last night's episode, they showed a recap of last week's, and they showed those same clips ... which never actually aired in that episode.

It reminded me of one of those episodes of Angel, when they did one of those recaps at the beginning of the episode, but filmed scenes specifically for the recap, that weren't aired in the ep.

Survivor is trying to be sneaky.

6. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

What a loser Brandon is. The guy is just so full of contradicting stances and is about as socially inept as one can get.

I commend the guys for holding back and not beating the shit out of him when he dumped their food, even though they are contractually obligated not to fight.

The guy actually has the nerve to rant about how selfish some people are, even after he dumped the food. There's something seriously wrong with that wanker.

Great entertainment though. :techman:

Numbers are 8 to 6 but I think from the preview it looked like thwyre going to be switching up the tribes. Good thing that guy found the other idol.

7. Roger Wilco

Phillip would sooo fucking stomp his ass into the ground in an actual fight too; crazy as he may be, but he's a beast.

Also, it's not really worth even trying to interpret his nonsense in a logical way, but I don't see what so honourable or whatever about orchestrating his own exit. Ok, you behaved so badly on the island your own tribe forfeited the challenge just to get rid of you. Congratulations?

8. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that's quite a feat. I still wonder how Brandon passed the psych tests in the first place.
    And why any gal would want to reproduce with that nutjob is beyond me.

Loved watching to looks on the faces of the Fans when everything was going down.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  9. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll never understand how some people can be so completely ruled by pride that it blinds them to reality. It's especially bizarre since these same people who are obsessed with their pride are also usually the ones who claim to be most humble and self-sacrificing.

10. Yoda

Ugh, that tribe shuffle backfired pretty badly. The last thing this season needed was for all the athletic people to end up on one tribe. This last episode was super boring.

11. Roger Wilco

I'm enjoying the season a lot actually, and we have no idea whether Malcolm's previewed power play will work out; could easily be Cool People Fail 2.0.

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Phillip was entertaining in an obnoxious kind of way in his first season, but this year he's just a pain in the ass. He's trying to take control of his tribe the way Boston Rob did, except he sucks at it. I hope he doesn't go as far as he did last time.

13. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm hoping for more Cochrane and Malcolm now that Brandon is gone.

This suffel really seems to have put the remaining fans at a disadvantage though. And Philips team didn't seem to notice that they are now outgunned.

14. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

So, is Eddie the most shallow guy on Earth or what? Even after the whole "cool kids alliance" debacle, his first response to his new tribe is relief that, thank God, he's with all the young, good-looking people . . . .

15. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

He's obviously just one of those contestants the producers pulled off the street because he looks good. He's done nothing in this game to make me think he's a fan.

16. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Man, all Phillip does is talk down to people. That's not going to win him the game, it would be pretty funny if he was brought to the end as a sacrificial lamb again, just like how he was with Rob.

17. Roger Wilco

I loved how Cochran was barely able to contain his amusement at Phillip's crap in his discussion after the challenge. Of course Phillip was completely oblivious despite Cochran's mediocre poker face.

I'm liking Corrine this time around though.

18. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I think "tubby lunchbox" is my new favorite insult. :lol:

19. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I like Philip a lot better this season than I did the first season. He's in this precarious position where he's currently in control, but if anyone else with power decides to step up he loses immediately. He's in this position where if he loses, he deserves it, but if he wins, he also deserves it.

I think Cochran's in the best position out of anyone now. He's the only player who can do whatever he wants right now because nobody is targeting him in any way and anybody he talks to will trust him.

It's unfortunate that all the good fans went on the weaker tribe.

20. Roger Wilco

Phillip doesn't control shit imo.