Fable 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PKerr, Oct 25, 2010.

1. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

In all honesty, the main quest, "The Voice" accessible through Bowerstone Industrial, took me less than 45 minutes. In addition to that quest (which unlocks the city of Understone and a new moral choice at the end of the quest), the "Understone Quest Pack" adds a quest at the mercenary camp, "Shooting Range" (bet you can't guess what that is), and a quest in Reaver's old mansion, "The Wheel of Misfortune." I haven't tried out either of those yet. GamesRadar's review sums up my feelings about this DLC so far pretty well.

2. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

Awesome! I'll have to get that tonight and start buying up the properties. MUST.HAVE.CASHFLOW!!!

The 5-star dog DLC could be useful too.

3. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's an unlock key? Oh well, maybe I'll just wait until it goes on sale to complete it.

4. PsychoPere

There are 7 houses to purchase, and possibly 3 business stands (I say "possibly" because I believe, though do not know with certainty, that those may only be options depending on your moral choice at the end of the quest).

The file size is listed as 195.5 mb. I have a pretty good cable connection, but not so fast that it could have downloaded just under 200mb in less time than it took me to turn my head away from looking at the tv. So, yeah, I'm pretty sure it's just an unlock key.

I'm not one of those people out on gaming sites who goes crazy at the idea of paying for DLC in general, but paying for real content that is already on the disc does kind of annoy me. If it had been costumes or, say, the 5-star dog potion, sure, whatever, let people unlock that through work in the game or by simply paying for it if they want. But real quests that are already on the disc shouldn't have to be paid for, in my opinion.

5. firehawk12

Hrm, that doesn't seem right unless they are hiding it now? I've bought unlock keys and it would list then as 100kb files.

6. PsychoPere

The 195.5mb figure came from the Marketplace website. Looking now at my Xbox's hdd memory, I'm not sure which item listed under the game profile is supposed to be the Understone Quest Pack.

I currently have 4 items listed:

• Fable III (Marketplace Content) at 380kb
    • Fable III (installed game) at 5.7gb
    • Fable III Day 1 DLC at 241mb
    • and my Hero's saved game at 9mb.

Based on the speed with which the DLC downloaded, I'd have to assume it's the 380kb one, because there's no way something that actually was approximately 200mb would have "downloaded" as quickly as it did for me.

7. firehawk12

Hrm, you know, it's possible that the Day 1 DLC already included it. I know it included the LE content so that the games would be cross compatible for everyone like what they did with the Fable 2 DLC.

8. PsychoPere

If anyone is curious, you can find the details of today's "title update" (patch) here. I haven't ran into any of these glitches myself. In fact, the only glitch I can recall experience in Fable III was an interaction issue: with certain characters (even my wife!), I'm unable to hold hands; the only action available when I first approach the character is "Accept" as if I'm receiving a gift, which then takes me into the interaction sequence.

9. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can say in my 1 and ¾ play throughs (mine and local co-op with the GF) the only bug I saw was

"Live: The players fall out of the world (FOOTW) when transitioning from Shifting Sands to The Veiled Path"

10. 137th Gebirg

Interesting. I didn't see it in there, but I hope they fixed the infuriating disappearing glowing quest trail. Hugging the dog only sometimes helps. Hand-holding is also a bit glitchy, especially with returning to guards with fugitives. I noticed they gave a vague reference to fixing frame-rate problems - I wonder if that's a reference to some severe animation slow-downs or something else...

Does anyone know if they're putting out a patch for XBox or is this only for PC?

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Oh yeah, SO many times the damn trail would disappear. I kept pausing and going back, it was so annoying!

12. PsychoPere

If anyone is still playing and wants to change their dog's breed, the Dog Breed Pack is now available for $3, allowing you to change your dog into a poodle, a Doberman, or a German Shepherd (pictures at link). Apparently a free Santa hat is also being released.

I realize this is now a (very) late response and you've probably already determined this, but the list was for the Xbox 360 title update/patch.

13. 137th Gebirg

^^^ Thanks much! Better late than never! :techman:

14. Niorah

Niorah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm definitely getting the Dog Breed Pack as soon as I can. Then I can gallivant around with a very cool Dobermann. :D

15. maankn

maankn Guest

These is really great and wonderful game. I really like this game. I have playing the game all time. The fable 3 is really fantastic game. As per my opinion is all people are playing the game because it is fantastic.