Snowmen Ratings

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by OmahaStar, Jan 2, 2013.

1. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Linky

The ratings info has come in, and the Doctor Who episode delivered a ratings record for BBC America. It had 1.43 million viewers, up 54 percent from the 2011 special, and it was the largest BBC America audience since the DW season 7 opener.

Do we know yet what the ratings were for the UK, Australia, and other parts of the world?

2. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, that's great!

3. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Bleeding Cool reports that 9.87 million watched it and of that number 4.12 million record it. Not surprised, it was on at 5pm this year. Most people have barely finished Christmas dinner or still eating or haven't had time to relax. I was looking forward to watching it at 7ish as usual but at 5ish I had to record it.

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I have yet to see it but it looked fun! DW Christmas specials aren't always that great in my view. 2011's was horrible.

5. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

6. VDCNI

VDCNI Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The final figues are in - 9.87m. As mentioned 4.12m didn't watch it live as the 7.59m includes people that recorded it and watched it before 2am that night.

7. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

8. beneldon

beneldon Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

As a classic Who fan since I was a teenager who languished for years until the NuWho came along, I want you all to know that in my little Ohio town of 35,000, I know several young folks of high school and early college age who never have been asked to log their television habits for any ratings organization but are totally into the show going so far as to brag about their acquisition of Doctor Who merchandise and sharing fan art all over Facebook.

It is a wonderful experience!