"Wake" -- my first short film

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by JacksonArcher, Aug 14, 2008.

1. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, I hate to do this, because it might appear that I am snobbish or self-righteous, but back in June I began principal photography on my first short film (as a director), entitled Wake.

I shot the film for three days and now I am in post-production. I'm working with my composer and my sound designer on finishing the film and it should be done (and brought online) by September.

Anyway, I wanted to give you guys (who cared, anyway) a sneak peek with the trailer for Wake. Enjoy.

Click here.

Wake is the story of young Max (Joshua Brail) who is faced with confronting the death of his mother (Christina Thodos), while his father, Albert (Greg Schweiner), tries desperately to repair the broken relationship with his son.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  2. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

It looks wonderfully shot. It has intrigued me enough that I would want to watch it. There were a few problems with the trailer. First, it was a bit to cryptic. Without your description here, I would have no idea what it was about. I'm not sure if the text on the screen was jittery on purpose or is that an effect of your compression? If on purpose, it does not look good, would like to see something smoother. Also would like to hear some dialog, sound makes the movie. You also repeated the same shot from the beginning at the end, unless it shows something new... it's redundant.