Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman In ‘Batman Vs. Superman’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Dec 4, 2013.

1. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Cathy Lee looked great as Wonder Woman, and she's 5'7" according to IMDB and doesn't look much more muscular than Ms Gadot. http://cleveland854321.blogspot.kr/2013/05/lets-go-back-to-1974-time-when-women.html

2. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

So I guess S vs B is a bit of a backdoor Justice League intro? For those that don't remember her from the F&F films she was Han's girlfriend in the later films.

My understanding is that everyone in Israel does a stint in the army.

3. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Exactly like it's written - Ga-dot, with an emphasis on the second syllable.

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Yeah... I just don't see Wonder Woman coming from her.

5. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

It's probably a reference to some of the fan casting choices rather than any actress who actually played Wonder Woman.

6. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

To be fair, Christian Bale also looked pretty frail and weak when he was cast as Batman...

[​IMG] :D

There's no reason why she couldn't put on some muscle for the role. Male superhero actors do it all the time.

7. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

With this news I think this is still how the movie will shape up. Well, maybe not the rock ballad.

8. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Demi Moore and Linda Hamilton are two actresses who spring to mind.

9. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

In Bale's case, he lost a ton of weight for that role, so, losing the weight was probably tougher than putting it back on. A closer analogy would probably be Chris Hemsworth putting on the bulk for Thor

10. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Lots of people said the same thing about Christopher Reeve and Superman. And Heath Ledger and the Joker. And countless others.

Again, though -- Gadot is a model. Models in this day and age are required to reduce their weight to an absurd, unhealthy degree and keep it down at all costs. So it's actually a pretty perfect analogy.

11. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Gadot is ex Israeli Defense Force as well, and served as a sports trainer during that time. We already know Henry Cavill's regimen was extensive for "Man of Steel". Ben Affleck is going through a similar routine now currently, so no doubt they will prepare something for Gadot. I'm unfamiliar with her work...but I'm sure she will be just fine.

12. Gov Kodos

13. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Not so long so:

"Chris Evans CAN'T play Captain America! He already played the Human Torch."

"Who is this Chris Hemsworth guy? We demand Alexander Skarsgard as Thor! Hemsworth can't play a Viking; he's Australian!"

"Daniel Craig can't play James Bond! It's James Bond, not 'James Blond.'"

Moral: Never trust the internet on such matters. Everybody's an armchair casting director . . . .

14. Gov Kodos

Then before the Internet, there was the angst and hair pulling over a comedian playing Batman. A Comedian!?

15. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that about sums it up.

16. Christopher

I'm pleased to see that the culture is changing to allow more variety in model types, but it should be screamingly obvious that human beings are capable of changing their weight and build. Just because not all models are rail-thin does not prove that a rail-thin model must be naturally that way, or that it's somehow physically impossible for her to gain weight and muscle tone. This is a totally ridiculous objection.

17. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Mr. Mom, no less, in a movie directed by the guy who did Pee-Wee's Big Adventure!

I was at a big convention the weekend that was announced. I thought the poor Warner Bros. flack was going to be tarred and feathered. Everyone was convinced that the movie was going to be spoof like the 1966 show and be the biggest bomb ever. Fans were outraged, I tell you. Outraged!

Then the movie was a monster hit . . . .

18. Christopher

Although I still cannot look at Michael Keaton and see Bruce Wayne. No reason a comedian in general couldn't have pulled it off; comedians often make excellent dramatic actors. Heck, Diedrich Bader made an awesome Batman. But Michael Keaton? After all these years, I simply do not see it.

But Ms. Gadot is still an unknown quantity. At the moment, I can't see her as Wonder Woman, but I haven't seen her actually play the role yet, so I have no legitimate basis for an opinion one way or the other. The proof of the pudding is in the tasting, not in glancing at the menu.

19. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

DC's Amazons have always been Greco-centric: worshiping the Greek gods, speaking a dialect of Greek and using Greek styles in their architecture. I would surmise any sculpture created by them would be in the Greek idea.

20. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

So it's now becoming the Justice League movie.