Echo Beach/Moving Wallpaper news

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Bob The Skutter, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I don't know if anyone but me and wamdue will be interested in this, but Echo Beach is officially axed (good news I say), but Moving Wallpaper is back, with a twist.

Sounds like a good move to me. *fingers crossed* Hope it's as good, or better than before.[/quote

Oh, and for anyone who's interested, Moving Wallpaper is great, Echo Beach not so much, it's only worth it for the in-jokes between shows, if at all. But the box set of both is currently £8.97 on Amazon.co.uk, or Moving Wallpaper is £5.97 on it's own... Definitely worth having at those prices.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2008
  2. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

I had never heard of this before I read this thread.

What a bizarre concept, a fictional show set amongst the production team of a real life show that is on the same channel as the fictional show. Most unlike ITV to come up with something so unique :vulcan:

Isn't Echo Beach a horrible soap though? I mean it has Jason Donovan in it. I can't imagine it would be much fun to watch.

3. Bob The Skutter

Yeah, it's pretty much a bad rip off of Home and Away, but I can't tell if that's how it's supposed to be, because it's a parody, or if it's actually just a bad soap.
    Moving Wallpaper was a lot of fun, and had a lot of little gags that ended up in Echo Beach. Such as the producer hiring a beach buggy thing, so they had to shoehorn it in to an episode. Or him accepting sex from an actress to get her a role in the show, that got increasingly bigger, because she started bribing him on Moving Wallpaper. I wouldn't have bothered watching Echo Beach if it wasn't for those little things.

4. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

I gave up on Echo Beach after about 3 episodes.

meanwhile this zombie comedy, I wonder if it will actually air

5. Bob The Skutter

I doubt it, I don't think they'd go the same route again after the failure last time. I hope there's clips in the show, or on the website though.

6. tenmei

tenmei Commodore Commodore

Hmmm. Not sure what I think about this - would've rather seen them continue on making the fictional soap in Moving Wallpaper and us not seeing the soap itself, than changing the programme they're making. It's going to be a completely different show to the one we previously saw.

7. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

I wonder how much cast changes there will be, seems kind of odd to think the same think Jonathan would keep the same crew around him for a zombie movie, that he would for a soap.

8. tenmei

tenmei Commodore Commodore

Exactly what I'm thinking, wamdue.

9. Serial thread killer

Serial thread killer Vice Admiral Premium Member

I liked moving wallpaper from what i saw (kept forgetting it was on)
    Echo beach was really bad i would have liked ITV to have made the zombie thing they could have made half an hour shows done right could have been a laugh like Shaun of the dead.

10. Bob The Skutter

Alan Dale and Kelly Brook have been cast in Moving Wallpaper.

It'll be interesting to see if this new direction works...

11. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

^ and if there is any TV show Alan Dale will say no to.

12. Bob The Skutter

I think zombie horror has more potential for comedy than the soap did, so I think it would work even better.
    As for Alan Dale, if you start life on an Aussie soap the only place to go is up, isn't it?

13. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can believe I didn't watch this when it came out. Sounds like an awesome concept.

14. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

it was on ITV, and lumbered with the god awful Echo Beach, so you can be forgiven.

um, I think US soap might be a step down, but then it probaly reaches a much bigger audience.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
  15. Bob The Skutter

Yeah, it's such a good concept I'm surprised ITV commissioned it.

Moving Wallpaper was really good, Echo Beach not so much. So I was glad to hear Moving Wallpaper got a pick up.
    I just bought the box set of both shows, I figured it was worth £3 difference. I was annoyed to find that the box set has them set out with 1 Moving Wallpaper/1 Echo Beach.

16. firehawk12

Just noticed my typo. Yeah, I'm tired. :lol:
    I'm going to have to hope that I grabbed this earlier this year, because it doesn't seem to be "out there" at the moment anymore.

Can you really watch one without the other though?

17. Bob The Skutter

Yeah, I think at least a million more viewers watched Moving Wallpaper than Each Beach. The only reason I watched Echo Beach was for the little in-jokes between episodes, but you don't really need to watch them both.

18. firehawk12

Hrm, Echo Beach looks like it's actually a "serious" British soap... I dunno why, but I was expecting parody or something.

19. Bob The Skutter

That's kinda the problem, at times it seems to be taking itself completely seriously, other times it seems to be parodying those type of soaps... If it were truly serious, I suppose it would have found its own fan base, and it it were a true parody it would have probably held on to the viewers from Moving Wallpaper, but as it stands it's just confusing.