Welcome new Voyager fans!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sounds like me

2. Cronus

Cronus Ensign Newbie

New to the site and to the forum.

My favorite character was always the Doctor! Especially that episode where those aliens caught him singing and made him a super celebrity. :P

3. Tracy Trek

Tracy Trek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hi. I just started posting yesterday. Voyager was my favorite of all the Treks, followed by the original series.

I was wondering, where do you click to start a new thread? I'm not seeing something for that. Is it one of those things you have to have a certain number of posts for, before you can start a new thread?

4. hux

hux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It should say new thread at the top left of the forum you're in. I honestly can't remember if you have to post a few times before you can start a thread (sounds probable). Have a look at the FAQ section.

5. Tracy Trek

Thanks. The only thing to click on showing up in the location you said (for me anyway) is POST REPLY. I'm guessing NEW THREAD should be right next to it. So perhaps you are right about having to have a certain number of posts.

Honestly this is the first message board I've ever joined where you couldn't post a new thread right away.

6. dbourdain

dbourdain Cadet Newbie

Hello all! I recently finished VOY and I think i'm ready to watch it again. -_-

While I was disappointed by the series finale I was overall pleased with the series. I love the characters, the stories, the shenanigans... I just think VOY may be my favorite Star Trek. Granted I have yet to watch DS9 or ENT, but still.

I just wanted to pop on here and say hello and share a lil bit of VOY love. <3

7. Catarina

Welcome! Well..Kate never understood Janeway because she wasn't there yet herself. IMO. It was her "brilliant" idea to do Endgame like that.

8. Amaraen

Amaraen Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello, I just recently found these forums.

I watched Star Trek years ago when it was first on television, but I haven't seen it in well over 10 years. I don't think I had ever seen Voyager a second time after the first time I watched it.

Recently I discovered BBC America was added to my television programming, and they have been showing Star Trek: The Next Generation. This made me feel sentimental, so I saw a few episodes. Then I discovered that Amazon Prime has all of Star Trek available for free. Then I convinced my husband (who has never seen Star Trek, but likes Star Wars) to watch the show through from the beginning. We are only watching 1 episode a night on weeknights.

This has not satisfied my desire to binge, so I have been watching a lot of Voyager. I have much fonder memories of Voyager than I do Deep Space Nine (though The Next Generation was my favorite). I am looking forward to taking the seven year journey with the crew again. I am already half way through Season 2, but I am really looking forward to some of the mid-late seasons. I have so many vague memories, this has been very interesting. I particularly would like to see when the Hirogen (if I remember the name right - the hunter race) come into the story. I can't even remember what they looked like.

I am so pleased that such a community exists. I am glad that there are so many out there who still love Star Trek.

9. CatAteMyTribble

CatAteMyTribble Ensign Red Shirt

Hi everyone! I've really enjoyed lurking in this forum for the past few weeks, and the time has come for me to take the plunge and start posting. Voyager was my "gateway Trek" - DS9 was still on when I first became a fan, but it's darker and more intricate plotlines were less appealing to my middle-school-aged self at the time. I have much more appreciation for DS9 now, as an adult, but Voyager will always hold that special place in my heart.

10. Catarina

welcome :)

11. Tracy Trek

Welcome, I love your username. :)

12. fallout777

fallout777 Cadet Newbie

Hi and hello. I just wanted to say hi. I like voyager the best out of all tv shows. I just recently started watching it again.

13. Krustee_Sok

Krustee_Sok Ensign Red Shirt

Hey everyone! I just started watching Voyager (I have no idea why I chose to watch it first, since going through the Original Series first might make more sense...maybe I like the letter V too much...). As you may have guessed, I'm pretty new to the Star Trek universe. Is there anything I should look out for/know? Thanks for the community and I can't wait to chat with some people!

14. Thomas Eugene

Thomas Eugene Commodore Commodore

Hi everyone. It's nice to be on this thread. Been here occasionally but only for short periods of time. Hope to come back more often in the future.

As a die-hard Voyager fan, I also make a lot of wallpapers for the show. I hope I'll be able to post (some of) them here - I guess I have to have an appropriate number of comments first.

Anyway ... it's Janeway or no way for me. Not much into other Trek series although I quite like Sisko as well. But by far not as much as Janeway! :beer:

Cheers! (PS English is not my mother tongue.)

Kilana2 likes this.
  15. Thomas Eugene

Anyway, here's a wallpaper I've recently made of Tom. I've posted this on another thread, too. I hope you don't mind.
    [​IMG]

Kilana2 likes this.
  16. Catarina

Maybe I should start telling people that English is not my mother-tongue so I can get away with bad grammar ;) It's embarrassing how much I struggle with my own language while others are so fluid and great with their 'not mother-tongue' usage.

Welcome to our flock. Voy wouldn't be the same without Tom Paris.

Thomas Eugene likes this.
  17. Thomas Eugene

Thanks Catarina. (Your comment concerning English is very funny :rommie:, LOL!)
    Yeah, Voyager needs Tom. Just like everyone else. It's a great show with a great cast. And a great Captain - even if she wasn't perfect all the time.

18. Thomas Eugene

So what is this thread about? Do you just tell people that you are new here and then that's it? Or can you discuss anything re VOY here?
    Anyway, here's the picture I use as my Avatar:
    [​IMG]

19. Krustee_Sok

Krustee_Sok Ensign Red Shirt

I believe it's a welcoming point for new fans, but discussions are probably encouraged as well!

20. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hello eveyone,
    My name is Ghislaine and I come from Paris (France).
    English not being my mother tongue, forgive me if my comment is stuffed with faults

Above all, I'd like to indicate that I don't consider myself as a Trekkie. Of course, I had to watch some episodes of the original series (Cpt Kirk, Spock, etc..) when I was younger but frankly, I was pretty insensible. This state of mind lasted for a very very long time. But last year, even though I told to a friend that I have watched a couple épisodes of Madame Colombo series on YT and I wondered what she was become since the end of 70's, she learnt)I've fallen on some episodes of Madame Colombo, she made a reference to Star Trek:Voyager and Cpt Katherine Janeway. Thus here we are, how my adventure began with with USS Voyager led by Capt Janeway and her staff. I ended only very recently the series and I loved it, especially (and maybe because) of Kate Mulgrew.
    In fact, I've confirmed that she was/is really a fantastic actress, capable of playing in all the registers, from the tragedy to the comedy.

Anyway, I plan a rerun very soon in the hope of discovering new dimensions to explore and I'm looking forward to exchange opinions with you! :-D

Ghislaine

Kilana2 likes this.