Star Trek Teaser - Grading and Disscusion

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by EyalM, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I love how they use part of the TOS transporter sound effect at the end there.

2. RodneyMcKay

RodneyMcKay Lieutenant

I'm teased !

Looks great, I can't wait for a HQ version ! or a full trailer ! Or next Christmas !

3. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Commodore

Great teaser very much like the Transformers one with the robot on mars and the rocket lifting off

4. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually the guy doing the welding who takes off his visor, looks more like Jeff Hunter's Pike than Bruce Greenwood does... but hey ho. :D

5. georgy

georgy Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

ok i watched that like 10 times already,i'm going to see cloverfield tomorrow just to see that in high res

6. Sagart

Sagart Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Does anyone know if the teaser will be with Cloverfield when it shows in Europe?

7. Mr J

Mr J Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I want this bad boy in quicktime HD. Now. Actually scratch that - yesterday.

8. 28VulcansLater

28VulcansLater Captain Captain

Very exciting although I still want to see the trailer in the cinema.

Does anyone know if they are they are showing it with the UK release of Cloverfield and is it shown before or after the film?

9. FordSVT

FordSVT Vice Admiral Admiral

I know it's just anecdotal bullshit, but here are a few random comments made by people over at Digg. I hope this bodes well for general interest.

"I am so glad I'm not into Star Trek. Only because I won't be watching the movie and think 'that guys part is on the wrong side of his head. This is inconsistent! I hate this movie!!!' I can just enjoy it for what it will be."

"First official hard on for a trek film in forever"

"I just got back from the Cloverfield midnight showing and they showed the teaser for this. I'm not a Star Trek fan but I have to say I was pretty impressed even though it was a tiny teaser it makes me want to see it."

"I'm not a star trek fan, but I've gotta admit that thing is fucking sexy."

"I've never been a fan of star trek but these new Enterprise pics popping up everywhere give me chills."

"Even though I'm a diehard STAR WARS freak, I have to say, this pic makes me actually want to see the movie.... NOOOOOO! Must resist the Trek....

I've been looking around and it seem the reaction is very positive. The only ones who seem to have a problem with it are the hard-core purists at a couple of other Star Trek boards, but they're all assholes. :lol:

10. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Seeing it on youtube, I thought it was a teaser for "Blade Runner" it was so dark.

11. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

Reminds me of the Apple Macintosh "1984" Super Bowl ad.

12. Samurai8472

*welder see's the finished work of the Enterprise*

welder- Aw screw it

*proceeds to piss and bash on the Enterprise*
    :lol:

13. God Magnus

God Magnus Commodore Commodore

A world where criminals operate above the law...
    ::Goes to dry eyes::

What? I just have something in my eyes is all. *Sniff*

::Goes to watch teaser 100x::

14. JJs_ALIAS

JJs_ALIAS Ensign Newbie

Looks awesome. A great teaser trailer- I think the new "E" looks alot like that Darrin guys work (a good thing), especially how the Enterprose appears a little larger in scope.

15. Samurai8472

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

kirk- oh my........

scotty- she'll be ready sir
    :thumbsup:

16. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

17. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Tell me about it, this camcorder version is for the birds, well at least we dont have someone with a big head in front of the camera LOL :p

18. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

The teaser wasn't that interesting to me, but they are still filming the movie and therefore can't do much. You know, if their is a new Trek show sometime it would be cool if J.J. Abrams was the Executive Producer....

Anywho, here is a screencap of the credits. The cast is in alphabetical order:
    [​IMG]

I was suprised to see Winona Ryder equal to the rest of the cast. She must have a bigger role than I thought.

19. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks for the cap.
    Actually, I think she's the biggest name in the picture, isn't she? Bigger than Quinto.

20. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

She's a draw at this point since the rest doesn't have much to back them up. Outside of Heroes, Qunito's resume isn't much.