The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Atrocitus looks good. Does he have a light up feature of some sort, or is he just eating a bunch of Twizzlers? ;)

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    For your viewing pleasure: the very first boxed images of the Toys 'R' Us-exclusive Ewok and Yavin Pilot multipacks which will be available at the toy retail chain starting August 1st for $34.99 each. There are supposedly only 30,000 of each of these to go around, which could mean that in higher-traffic and volume stores the entire supply of these could disappear pretty fast.

Get 'em if you see 'em just to be on the safe side.

The Ewok set features the first-ever Princess Kneesaa in the modern era. She was one of the main characters in the 1980's EWOKS cartoon series that some of you may remember. The Yavin Pilot set offers the first new Jek Porkins action figure since the Power of the Jedi version all the way back in late 2000. This one is much more articulated and has a slightly more accurate facial sculpt.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ETA: The backdrop for the Yavin Pilot set isn't the Battle of Yavin from A NEW HOPE as it should be, but the Battle of Endor from RETURN OF THE JEDI. Nice one, Hasbro. :lol:

3. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

Perhaps it's the "special edition"? :p

4. cooleddie74

You're not helping. :lol:

5. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

There's absolutely no way that I can work him into the budget, but the new Hot Toys Joker. Oh my god!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hot Toys are so amazing. I'm so tempted by Hawkeye that it's not even funny!

Anyone have trouble with ToyWiz? Other stores seem to be shipping the Select Hawkeye (and I've seen folks on tumblr posing with theirs), but they're not. It's still listed as pre-order. I want my Hawkeye, dammit! :(

7. cooleddie74

That Joker is beyond amazing. I can't get it, but man is that thing mind-bending. :eek:

If Hasbro could achieve that level of facial accuracy on their 12" dolls and figures I'd buy every single one of them the company would make, even the characters I think suck the tail pipe of an AMC Pacer.

8. OdoWanKenobi

Word is he's delayed until at least August, so you have a little more time to scrape the money together if you want.

Sadly, Hot Toys and delays tend to go together. Though, if I'm paying almost $200 a pop for an action figure, I want it to be perfect. If a delay is necessary for that perfection, then so be it.

9. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Atrocitus looks like someone colored Slimer red and gave him a body. Metron looks awesome though.

10. cooleddie74

Jedi Temple Archives is reporting that the new wave of STAR WARS ships and vehicles has been spotted at a Forbidden Planet store in New York City. Two of the three were there: the brand new Naboo Starfighter and the repainted and reissued Republic Fighter Tank. The Naboo Fighter was being sold for a whopping $52.99, but at least they've been spotted for the first time at domestic retail.

Maybe this means Walmart, Toys 'R' Us and other retail chains aren't going to be far behind. Keep your eyes peeled, folks.

11. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

R5-D8 is basically R5-D4 in this set (I know why but still...).

Kneesaa makes the Ewok set and instant buy.

12. cooleddie74

Techically it's "R5-D8." With a few minor paint differences.

But yeah, it's just an R5 mold that's been used before. I'd have put Red Leader(Garven Dreis) and his R2-X2 astromech into the set instead. R2-X2 was a very hard to find figure a few years back and deserves a rerelease, but whaddya gonna do. :shrug:

Agreed on Kneesaa. She's the definite star of her set. :)

13. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

that Ewok pack does look pretty cool. damn you guys. i got out of Star Wars years ago, quit trying to drag me back! :p

14. OdoWanKenobi

:lol::rommie::guffaw:

:scream:

15. cooleddie74

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :rofl:

I know, right?

The hopeless optimist in me. But if it makes you feel any better, the Ewok and Yavin Pilot sets are TRU exclusives. So they will get them in August. It's just a question of how many does each store get and how long will the things last.

16. cooleddie74

All-new, hi-res boxed images of the Ewok and Yavin Pilot multipacks:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lookin' good.

17. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

18. nightwind1

nightwind1 Commodore Commodore

So Tony fell off the wagon again?

19. cooleddie74

The first photo of the cardback reverse of the Droid Figure Set coming to Target stores. This shows the two other Special Figure Sets shipping in the new case assortment: one straight repack from last year that some didn't find ("Android") and one more brand-new one with a completely new Snaggletooth (Snivvian/Zutton/Takeel) figure, the first Snaggletooth/Snivvian figure of any kind that Hasbro has issued since the year 2004.

The Tusken Raider and Boba Fett will most likely be straight repacks of older figures. But what's new.

[​IMG]

20. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, it's not the Diamond Select (still waiting), but this Hawkeye arrived in the mail today:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

CLINT NO.
    [​IMG]

Nap time. All that's missing is a Black Widow figure, and she's on my amazon wish list. :p

[​IMG]