Heroes 3x24 "I Am Sylar" Discuss and Grade

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Apr 20, 2009.

?

Grade the episode

1. Excellent

23.6%
  2. Above Average

40.0%
  3. Average

20.0%
  4. Below Average

9.1%
  5. Poor

7.3%
  1. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The only enjoyment I got out of this episode was when during the stupid Sylar and his Mom scene I started singing a rousing rendition of "Suddenly, Sylar" in my head.

2. The Habs Fan

The Habs Fan Commodore Commodore

I loved this episode and give it one of the few Excellents of the season.

I especially liked the whole Sylar/Mommy Psycho thing going on. Pretty creepy...

3. Hyperspace05

Hyperspace05 Commodore Commodore

The Sylar/Mom stuff was interesting... Although it breaks the established rules of that ability. But who's paying attention to details? :rolleyes:

Claire's hairpiece is looking more and more ridiculous for every episode...

4. McCoy

McCoy Commodore Commodore

^ Why is she wearing one, anyway?

5. Captain Fine

Captain Fine Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I found this episode pretty boring. I'm so tired of Sylar especially.

6. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe ever worsening hair is a side-effect of her healing ability. By early next season she'll be bald and by the end of next season she'll look like Sloth from The Goonies.

7. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked this one a lot. Had shades of season one and a good use of the characters. Dug the Sylar "Gollum" sequence with his mother. I like the Ando Batman thing but Hiro has been a selfish prick about being a hero for a long time now.

8. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

really? I must have blinked at the exact moment cuz I dont remember seeing his name...:confused:

9. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

You can't miss Clint Howard.

I liked his cameo.

10. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

You need to lay off the tranya, man.

11. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

So who's left in the world of geekdom has-beens can this show bring on? Jeffrey Combs? Lance Henriksen? Walter Koenig? Ted Raimi? Wil Wheaton?

12. The Master of Tarquin Hill

The Master of Tarquin Hill Commodore Commodore

13. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Above Average - The Peter/Hiro Nerf Modifier = Average.

I enjoyed this one mostly for the ending - Danko shoves a knife in Sylar's neck and Sylar still gets up again ?

I'm betting this is some strange combination of Sylar's new shapeshifting and his regenerative healing.

14. romulus

romulus Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Thats what I was wondering. Can he now shapshift that spot to another part of his head or his ass maybe? You know change it every day like a super secret password or something to make it harder for people to guess where it is.

15. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I was hoping that he just missed the sweet spot by a quarter inch, and Sylar gets back up and says "YOU MISSED" :D

16. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Above Average - great stuff with Sylar, and the writers may be attempting to find a solution to the "Sylar Problem" via those developments. Very interesting that Sylar-as-Nathan referred to Virginia as "Ma." The shapeshifting combined with picking up Nathan's persona via the jacket might actually be influencing Sylar more than he realizes.

Hiro and Ando continue to be utterly pointless and just need to go away and stop taking up screen time since it's beyond obvious that even Fuller can't repair those characters. He's doing his best to repair Mohinder, Nathan and Sylar, but Hiro and Ando are hopeless - there's nothing for him to work with.

I hope the suspiciously sudden nosebleed Hiro got is a sign that he's going to die next episode, but
    although I've heard that an original hero from S1 dies next week, it won't be Peter, Claire, or Hiro - our untouchable "fan favorites" - and Ali Larter will be back next season as well. It had better not be NATHAN! :klingon: But I'm getting worried at this point. The writers might actually contrive a way to bring back both Quinto and Pasdar (they're two of the best actors on the show, they can't afford to lose either!) by having them "share a character." Not sure how I'd feel about that, but it would be a truly audacious move on Fuller's part, and I can't fault that idea. One of Heroes' chief problems is being stale, gutless and repetitive. It's time to break some eggs.

Micah's a smart, spunky little kid. I want him on the show as a regular. Sure, he was way too trusting of Sylar, but it makes sense - to Micah, his own mother was driven "insane" by her abilities. He thinks Sylar's in the same boat and sympathizes with him, and like you'd expect from a kid, wildly underestimates the danger he's in.
    Yeah that made sense and is very disturbing because now Sylar is effectively superman. Invulnerable Norman Bates. :D Fuller's doing a great job with Sylar, given how much the previous writers have screwed around with him for the past two seasons.
    Loved that! Star Trek reunion! (Pre-union?)
    To me, that's what this show is about, the ying-yang fight between those two.

Referencing my spoiler/rumor above...

That's why I'm so worried about Nathan. What better way to send Peter in a vengeful rage than for Sylar to murder Nathan? And to screw with Petey even worse, what if Sylar was also Nathan, in a certain sense - if Sylar has Nathan's DNA and memories, is he actually Nathan at that point? Maybe Sylar starts to realize that Nathan is taking over his identity? In the end, will Nathan be the one who kills Sylar? This could all be pretty great stuff, if handled right, but wow the fanbase is gonna be riled.

I want him to do a sarcastic Maxwell Smart imitation: "Missed by that much!" :rommie:

Ooooh Jeffrey Combs, great idea!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  17. melancholymecha

melancholymecha Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Temis, Im hoping that

its Nathan consciousness that gets transferred via Matt. I saw a sneak peak scene on NBC.com that has Angela begging Matt that he must help Natahn b/c she had a dream that he saves Nathan... that would be ok with me b/c Nathan as a character wouldnt die(whereas if its just Sylar thinking he's Nathan, the real Nathan himself is still dead, boo!) Also I can imagine Sylar now being inconvenienced by having this second separate entity sharing his body, maybe fighting for control of his actions not allowing him to kill & do as he pleases. And the angst of Peter having his bro & biggest enemy being in the same body... & there could be more down the line, maybe later Nathan can learn to jump in & out of different bodies! I love the possibilities! and one more thing to keep in mind, the first thing Nathan tells Sylar when they finally meet: "Get the hell out of my body!" now imagine how ironic that statement is gonna end up being if the above were to happen!

meh, I love this idea a little too much... now I bet it wont happen.:p

18. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Why do many people hate Hiro and Ando? They're hilarious. If they weren't on the show it would be so much more serious and pretentious. They're only the thing keeping it light and fun. I always felt that Hiro was way too powerful but they fixed that problem and neutered him, so it's all good now. If they never do time travel a single time again on this show I'll be a happy bunny.

19. SeamusShameless

SeamusShameless Captain Captain

I think they should kill Nathan flat out. He's already had two fake-out "deaths", if he is the one to die in the season finale they should just leave him dead this time. Nathan has always been my least favorite character, so I for one would welcome his departure.

20. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^While he's not my least favourite character, that award is reserved for Mohinder, I agree that if they're going to kill him off then should just do it, sod what the fangirls think.