Starship crash sequence from the MTV Awards

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by SalvorHardin, Apr 15, 2013.

1. yenny

yenny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You're right it is a lighthouse. Well is a photo of San Francisco, with Alcatraz in the foreground. I think the island itself is in the same angle that you said that the crashing was heading.
    I hope the link works?

http://youshouldstoprunning.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Alcatraz.jpeg

2. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

They could also take artistic license with the geography of the area. The ship hits Alcatraz for maximum kewlness effect, then goes ashore somewhere that provides maximum kewlness effect at the expese of geogrpahical accuracy. Wouldn't bother me at all.

The way the ship is falling from the sky, it does look like it's heading more for the area of the Marina Disctrict than North Beach (kind of SW). But the way it hits Alcatraz, it's going SE.

3. topas

topas Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

It seems to be the same one, see the exact same triangular 'holes' in the saucer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

What? I didn't know that the continental drift had gone that far yet!

5. yenny

yenny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

There is a Alcatraz in Germany. It's a prison that was turn into a Hotel. It's in Berlin, East Berlin.

Then there's Alcatraz Island.

6. Maurice

Maurice Snagglepussed Admiral

Franklin's right/ At the angle it's going, it's probably headed through the actual Fishermans Wharf (not the tourist trap that is Pier 39) and towards North Beach.

7. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

No, I don't think that's correct. There is a hostel located near the former site of the Wall in what used to be East Berlin. It's named "Alcatraz" after the prison in California (which gets its name from the pelicans which used to hang out on that island before people started using it.) The building occupied by the hostel was never a prison; it's just a building.

8. Oso Blanco

Oso Blanco Commodore Commodore

Exactly, it was never a prison. There also are/were several Mexican restaurants named Alcatraz in Berlin and even a bar with that name if I recall correctly. I'm too lazy to look it all up right now.