Literary Treks

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Enterpriserules, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

2. Jarrod

Jarrod Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Loved the first episode of the podcast last night.

3. Enterpriserules

Enterpriserules Commodore Commodore

Thank you su much!

4. Enterpriserules

The Kirsten Beyer interview is up! It's also on iTunes and Stitcher as well

5. TigerBait

TigerBait Captain Captain

fantastic, about to go ahead and download. now, yall dont burn yourselves out too quick. if you need to release these eps at greater intervals in order to avoid podfade, please do. dont feel like yall have to get these out each week or anything like that.

6. Enterpriserules

We really appreciate your support! We have some great stuff in the works for you, KRAD is up next!

7. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been looking for something else to listen to on the way to work. I'm excited about this podcast.

8. Enterpriserules

Please let me know what you think

9. Starbreaker

Really enjoyed the first episode. Will probably listen to Beyer one tomorrow. And yeah... don't feel like you have to have a special guest every week, even though Dayton's interview was great. Would just enjoy listening to some reader Q&A's, book reviews of older books, etc.

10. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

Listening now, so far very interesting. I am thinking you guys should seek out Marco Palmieri for an interview in the future. So many current authors worked with him, I would love to hear you guys pick his brain.

11. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can only second the sentiment that you should pace yourself with the interviews. The stable of writers is somewhat limited and if you interview them too quick, you'll start to "repeat" yourself relatively soon.

Anyway, nice to have a(nother) TrekLit related podcast and I will most likely listen to the interview with Kirsten on my commute tomorrow.

12. Starbreaker

Just one more thing... one of you guys keeps saying TyphOOn Pact.

13. TigerBait

TigerBait Captain Captain

HAHA! yeah, after listening to dayton on gandt, i was wondering how long it would take until he snapped and went Typhon, TYPHON, not TYPHOON!! alas he never broke, he must be getting used to it by now.

14. Starbreaker

I caved in and listened to the second episode. This interview is great. (I was going to say golden, but caught myself).

15. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Gonna echo what others have said about pacing out the interviews. While it's cool you guys have gotten some great ones early on, I think this is a good time to focus on providing us with your own insights and opinions on Trek lit. You guys could easily do a few months of looking at a few one-shot numbered books, some of the hard covers and what not, then do some special event type deals (like a Mirror Universe book month or something) along with interviews after you've got an established listener base.

16. Enterpriserules

We will be working on spacing things out. It is all about availability so this does take a lot of planning and doing it when the author is available. We will be getting into looking at the books and comics in more depth. It's a work in progress, so thank you all for you patience and listening!

17. Drago-Kazov

Drago-Kazov Fleet Captain

You could continue reviewing the ongoing comics. they did it on the Ready Room but they kind of forgot about it since issue 6 or 8.

18. Enterpriserules

We are going to be doing that! It is going to be coming soon. Again, we have had a great response from the authors, so We are giving them a platform to talk about their work. But we will be looking at the Ongoing and older novels in the coming months!

19. Patrick O'Brien

Patrick O'Brien Captain Captain

Sounds like the authors are just as excited as us:) Any more details on upcoming interviews?

20. Enterpriserules

Well, KRAD, Una and Mack are all on the calendar!