Star Trek: Online

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by tranya, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do they have free trials available for this anywhere?

2. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

if you pm me your e-mail adress I will sent you a trial key.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is there a website I can get it from? I don't like giving my email or stuff like that to people I don't know in person.

4. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

You could use a disposable email service for this one time, like Mailinator.

5. syberghost

syberghost Commander Red Shirt

STO official forums community moderator emeritus
    Nope.

BTW, in 30 seconds of research on your forum posts I had your date of birth. Email addresses are pretty innocuous things to try to hide.

6. Timelord Victorious

Understandable. But does it help my cred that I am the Trek BBS Armada's fleet leader in any way? ;)

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's not so much security, as not wanting to deal with people sending me tons of spam.

8. Timelord Victorious

That's why you should pm the adress, not post it ;)

9. mic of orion

mic of orion Commander Red Shirt

all is well now guys,cheers for your help, got me defiant refit finally :D

10. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well hopefully there will be a new interior you can use for it in a few months.

11. syberghost

So you think the guy who runs the TrekBBS Armada fleet is going to spam you? :klingon:

12. mic of orion

Crafting

Looking to get some dual heavy phaser cannons (very rare), is this enough for pair or do i need to collect more? Or should i do some crafting just to test my skills first, I've done few plans as you can see, and also got few plans from vault mission. How many more particles should i collect and are there specific particles i should be looking for, and where' i'd find these?

as ever thanx for good comments.

[​IMG]

13. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

i'm a member of the fleet and have played with timelord on many occasion if it helps i can vouch he wont spam the crap out of you. he's a pretty decent guy (and can spell better then me:) )

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Would I need to download anything off of a site other than the game's site?

15. mic of orion

And one screen shot from tactical game between Timelord and I :D

Now if you figure all these buttons and icons, in the midst of the battle, u are doing brilliantly.

[​IMG]

Edit:

My current setup, any comments regarding consoles, weapon fit, bare in mind I'll take your advice just it might take time to get all the necessary stuff, funds are short atm, I have only 575000 credits, and I am doing all my missions to gain some emblems and more credits.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2011
  16. aelius

aelius Commander Red Shirt

You do it the same way you get to Carnegie Hall... practice, practice, practice;)

17. mic of orion

just the game, that is all, game updates itself every time you log on.

18. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

You can see the numbers and types of anomalies you need for what you want to craft at any time; select Research & Development from the in-game drop-down menu on the right-hand side of the screen. As for where to find specific ones, I suggest using STO Wiki.

No, you would only need to download the game client from the main website.

19. syberghost

Secrets to "figuring out the buttons".

First, bring up bar 5 or 6, drag all your weapons onto it, mark them all to autofire (or all except one forward-facing torpedo, optionally), and then never look at that bar again.

Next, put all the things that have short cooldowns and that you use multiple times in every fight on the main bar. Put all the things that have long cooldowns and that you only fire off at the beginning of a fight, or the beginning of a big fight, on the top bar. Put everything else in the middle.

Organize them so that the stuff you use the most is on the left, and the stuff you use the least on the right; that way you can easily hit 1-4 on the top numbers on your keyboard with losing your hand position totally.

I also bind "`" to "equalize shields", so I can hit it quickly. You want that and "1" to be bound to the two things that you need to hit without having to hunt. For some people that's a front-firing torpedo, to take advantage of down shields; for others it's mines, to be dropped when the enemy is in a position where he can't miss them. For others, it's some kind of defensive measure.

If have the same power from more than one boff slot, I put the most powerful one on the bottom bar, the second above it, and the third above that; so I always know where to look for one. I do this with my shield heal.

20. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

Do you still have emblems because if you do you can buy some from the vendor in the center of ESD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.