Resolutions

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Mrcasio, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Mrcasio

Mrcasio Lieutenant Red Shirt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgqN147GBYY

episode starts off with they've got a virus in the stack on this
    planet so they open up there are packages and they
    built this house and I like Star Trek but there's this kinda formulaic thing, people get in trouble and they're appears to be no viable solution except for doing something a certain thing that someone gets ordered not to do, but they violate the order and then
    everything's fine. so in you know that's what's gonna
    happen self things like Janeway giving this long dramatic
    speech about loving the crew and so on becomes pointless and you don't get that dramatic or emotional feeling because you know it's going to be solved by the end. They're not going to kill off someone like Janeway or leave her stranded on some alien planet which is pretty much the space equivalent of an island without any resolution so it's kinda like just a excuse to put the characters in place they can have sexual tension and romantic feelings. he builds the tub for Janeway and we get to see her in the tub, for the fanboys to rewind over and over. and something scary happens if he comes running out to save her. From a monkey. then latter he gives her a back rub..

2. HIjol

HIjol Vice Admiral Admiral

^^. Chipotlé...laughing my ass off!!!!!!!....so forever how he shall be named!...good one!

3. Mrcasio

I dislike his character.. But i will get to him in due time

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_LsW16lJTE[/yt]

The entire point of this episode is for a chunk of the fandom to wonder just how long the stranding would have to have been for them to get it on.

HOW LONG?!

I'm gonna say, maybe 60 years.

5. Mrcasio

thats the funniest thing

6. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I don't know how they thought a spider monkey would look like an alien creature. Apparently this one had an unusual way of holding his tail in the air, and writers or producers or casting thought it was the greatest thing they'd ever seen. But it's a friggin spider monkey!

7. teacake

They should have glued horns to it like they did to those dogs in The Enemy Within.

8. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

As a J/C fan, I think they would have done it sooner or later. Janeway would have held out for a bit...maybe even a while...but they totally would have done it.

The VERY FIRST time I watched the series through and I got to this episode, I just kept thinking "Good lord just f**k already. Jeez...". :lol: I thought they were going to do it the first time I saw it! Then it was such a let down.

And yeah WHY THE HECK would the monkey look JUST like an Earth monkey? Give me a break!

9. Melakon

That monkey ruined the episode for me. It pulled me completely out of the story because it was a freaking spider monkey and anyone who's been to a zoo would know it.

10. C. Cole-Chakotay

C. Cole-Chakotay Commodore Commodore

Janeway did move fast when that monkey interrupted her bath. :LOL:

11. teacake

Maybe you're not allowed to glue things to monkeys.

I can't remember any alien animals from ENT, DS9 or VOY that were actual animals modified through glueing or dye (ie, not a model like the Cardassian vole). Were there any in TNG?

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  12. Mrcasio

littel monkey

13. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

14. teacake

Well that's the TOS era that gave us poodles with horns. Anyone remember ANY real animals in TNG that were modified?

15. Melakon

Were the Bringloidi goats in "Up the Long Ladder" green?

16. teacake

I don't know. Up the Long Ladder is not exactly on my rewatch list :lol:

Someone look it up! I suck at TNG.

17. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

He'll always be "Chuckles" to me, why else would Janeway snapped "not big enough" to Q???

I think they would of consummated it, had they been stuck on the planet longer.

18. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Is that because of the extra Rikers, or the extra Pulaskis...

Waitaminute?!

Those clones Riker murdered were adult sized.

If you're building a society that passes it's ideals onto it's children then surely you want babies to be churned out on the other side of the cloning process?

What sort of stupid world do they have were every one starts off as a 35 year old person with a completely intact 35 year old brain?

No families!

But it explains the problem of replicative fading after just 300 years if the average human lifespan is 120 years...

Although think how easy medicine is if there are only 5 bodies with identical genetic potentials and dormant timebombs.

19. teacake

But how long.

See this is the thing they would have only consummated it when Janeway had given up. Given up all hope of rescue or escape or a way to get back to her existence as a Starfleet Captain which is supposedly why she wouldn't do it with him.

How would it feel to be Chak and know you only got to bed your infatuation because she had given up?

:lol:

20. Melakon

When I first saw "Resolutions", I thought maybe they would build on what it started,but no such luck. Two actors in their 40s, so it could have developed into a genuine romantic relationship even without showing us the sex side of it. Instead, Chaotay finishes the series with a woman nearly 20 years younger. Just like every other television program.