What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

Just finished A Link Between Worlds. Fantastic game. It was well done and a really good follow up to A Link to the Past. I loved being able to get all the items right from the start (or as soon as money would allow anyways) and having access to the entire world map right away. But I did feel that some of the dungeons were a little too short. Still a great game though. :techman:

Have to get back to Xenoblade Chronicles now before more games appear. Too many games on my list require a lot of time to be devoted to them. I suppose it's a good problem to have? :confused:

2. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

The only way I'm ever playing Battletoads again is if I can skip the surfing section. I'm all for hard but that kind of hard where you have to basically memorize ten minutes of pixel perfect timing is just plain stupid. Ghosts and Goblins is a little more reasonable, it's all about learning enemy patterns.

Now, Super Castlevania and Super Contra are very high on my radar.

3. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Just finished Tomb Raider and LA Noire, next up to finish GTA V and Enslaved.

4. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeah, I generally agree with that. Most people haven't made it past level 3 (the hoverbikes) of Battletoads, but I've made it to level 9. That's not because of skill; it's because I've memorized enough of the game to get there relatively easily. Battletoads isn't hard; it just requires grinding.

Ghosts 'n Goblins is legitimately hard.

5. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I finally beat GTA5 yesterday. Now I need to get back to Arkham Origins.

6. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Just finished The Last of Us. Those last few hours are intense.

7. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I'm thinking about going back and playing it again. That game was so much fun.

8. USS Fardell

USS Fardell Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Sim City: Cities of Tomorrow, Age of Empires II: HD: The Forgotten, Streets of Sim City (with Sim City 2000 cities) and Guild Wars 2.

9. Zulu Romeo

Zulu Romeo World Famous Starship Captain Admiral

Elite: Dangerous alpha phase 1.0 (dogfighting and stuff). It came out just today and I had a quick play about on it. Not bad so far, and it looks and sounds gorgeous. I'll figure out more of it this weekend. I'd post more still, but the current Elite Dangerous thread is over 11 months old. :p

In the meantime, I have Doctor Who: Legacy occupying most of my free time. :)

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  10. Bob The Skutter

Splinter Cell: Blacklist. It sucks... or I suck at it. One of the two.

11. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Dragon Age: Origins - Ultimate Edition (PC).

Still a phantastic RPG.

12. Bob The Skutter

Gave up on Splinter Cell. The shoot people through a grainy gun cam from a great distance mission left a bad taste in my mouth.

13. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I finally got a PS4 today, so I started playing AC4: Black Flag and NFS: Rivals.

14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Just started Beyond Two Souls on my PS3 (my final PS3 game before packing it away to make room for my Wii U) while playing Ghosts Recon on the PC with a friend.

15. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

great- 60% through Tomb Raider Anniversary on the 360, and *now* it turns out that the fucking disc is borked. Which I bought about five or six weeks back. Half the time it goes "disc is unreadable, clean it with a soft cloth", and the other half it just locks up, always at the same checkpoint. Fuck knows where the receipt is, and who'd fucking accept a change that late anyway?

You never see people note that that's a problem with games - with a CD or DVD or whatever, you can skip through all the tracks or chapters, and see that it works all the way, but with a game it could be ages before you get to the fucked bit.

So, that's £7 I'll never get back for half a fucking game I'll never fucking finish, and Amazon is still asking £38 for it, so fuck that.

16. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

picked up assassin's creed 2, brotherhood, and revelations for about 6 bucks a piece on the U-Play store. Going through two now.

17. Bob The Skutter

Have you tried installing it?

18. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

I'm going to try that tonight.

ETA- tried it, it got to about 25% then told me the disc couldn't be read. Fuck.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  19. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Have fun, amazing games.

I wish they would combine all three parts for some sort of Special Edition, so that you could travel between all the cities.

20. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future.