The Marianna Hill Thread

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by HGN2001, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

Pic of Beltran in Voyager.
    Pic of Beltran on Lone Wolf MqQuade.
    Pic of Beltran in Night of the Comet.
    Pic of Beltran in... Um.
    Ummm.....

Hm.

2. E-DUB

E-DUB Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

.............Eating Raoul.

3. Stompy

Stompy Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Here she is from 2012

[​IMG]

4. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks for posting that! She's my favorite woman from TOS and I'm happy to see she still looks so good. :bolian:

5. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

from another thread discussing TOS stars in other roles, here she is on Mannix!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

If she's the one you're stuck down there with, I wouldn't care if Keener or Keenster or whoever the hell that little guy is was still hanging around.

Then again, if it is the REAL delta-vega, Gary'd probably snag her, and I'd wind up under a big rock with the wrong middle initial for me on it.

7. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

Does anyone else think the second picture (in the original post) looks like Rayna?

It must be my eyes.

8. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If she were a fembot, I'd buy one.

9. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

By coincidence, I mentioned that she had transferred over to the Reliant in my latest Trek book. (The Weight of Worlds, p. 26, if anyone's interested.)

Didn't know about the Blish thing. (It's been decades since I read those books.)

10. AtoZ

AtoZ Commander Red Shirt

While I essentially agree with you, she could go the Telly Savalas route and I'd still consider her stunning.

11. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

You are correct, sir!

12. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was mildly annoyed with the throwaway line in the NuTrek comic adaptation of Where No Man Has Gone Before. Kirk asks if Dr Dehner is on the ship as her expertise might be useful, and McCoy says she turned down the job because, well, he shagged her and it ended badly.

So not only did they write out one of the few brassy, confident, and efficient female characters (and the only woman in the whole story), they did so by making her upset about a man, AND they missed an opportunity to feature Helen Noel.

In fact, now that I think about it, both Dehner and Noel are probably too young to be qualified psychiatrists in 2258...

I'm still keeping fingers crossed that they might wise up and use the character, although I'm never quite sure if there are rights issues and royalties that might act as a bar.

13. Greg Cox

We can use any TOS character in prose, although sometimes there are issues about using an actor's image . . . .

14. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I suppose that does make it trickier if they want the art to resemble the actors but Rand, for example, hasn't been styled on Grace Lee Whitney so they could still do it I suppose.

15. Greg Cox

That's not uncommon in comic book adaptations. I remember that Marvel's PLANET OF THE APES comics back in the 1970s had to avoid making Taylor look like Charlton Heston because they didn't have the rights to use Heston's image. Ditto, I believe, for Michael York and the LOGAN'S RUN comic book.