Build-Up to The Office Finale

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by trekkiebaggio, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

I think all three of them are staying, the other two just didn't want to be in the manager position.

2. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Yeah that was pretty awful. I thought the premise was sound, and I wouldn't mind seeing at least one episode of Dwight managing the farm with his siblings, but I couldn't see how they could sustain that premise for a long running series.

Now that we know it's definitely not happening, I am curious how they'll get Dwight back to the Office for the remaining of the season...since had the Dwight spin-off gone to series this most likely would have been his final episode.

3. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Dwight could just become a part-time employee like Jim is now.

4. EnsignRicky

EnsignRicky Commodore Commodore

Andy had a hangover. :rolleyes:

5. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

That was pretty bad. I, too, am glad that they're not going ahead with the Dwight spin-off. It wasn't a very good episode in general really.

6. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

I did find the bits with Packer amusing though; David Koechner is able to get a laugh out of me, no matter what kind of crappy thing he's in. Plus him giving them "spiked" cupcakes was amusing. Other than that it was horrible.

Oh yeah, and did they mention why Jim was back at his old seat for the opening? At first I figured I was watching a repeat.

7. chrisspringob

chrisspringob Commodore Commodore

The episode was actually filmed very early in the season, but held back to air until now, because they weren't sure whether "The Farm" was going to go to series or not, so they had to keep their options open with regard to what Dwight does.

If The Farm had gone to series, then Rainn Wilson would have missed a bunch of episodes this season, a la Ed Helms's extended absence, because he'd be busy filming the early batch of episodes of The Farm. Since it's *not* going to series, I assume he won't have to miss any episodes at all. They'll presumably write it so that this is the impetus for him to leave Dunder Mifflin, but for some contrived reason, his departure is gradual, and he won't actually leave for another couple of months (to coincide with the finale).

I wonder if the finale will see many/all of the other Dunder Mifflin employees leaving as well, if not the office closing down completely.

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The tv show sourced from the Documentary footage comes out, and they all get multi million dollar book deals.

Um. Dwight's nephew is Dwight's son, right?

I'm not saying he banged his sister, but if a baby showed up on the door step or some woman young Dwight had slept with showed up and said that she didn't want the kid, then it might have been the family's decision without Dwight's knowledge, in Dwights best interests, because they know what's best for Dwight, that his sister would raise the child since Dwight had important MAN things to do... Or he banged his sister?

9. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

You just blew my mind, friend.

10. Guy Gardener

I saw Sheri Appleby bare her breasts on Girls last week, but that didn't pause for a second my continued ongoing consuming loving feelings for Majandra Delphino.

11. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^This episode of the Office was still better than any episode of Girls. What a putrid show. Any possible good nudity in that show is nullified by the looming dread of Lena Dunham's next attempt to blind the viewer.

12. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Girls isn't for everyone. Personally I think it's one of the best shows on TV, and miles better than what they were trying to pass off as The Office last Thursday night.

13. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This is yet another example of why this season's been so bad. Instead of writing a final season on the basis of telling a good story, the writers keep having to work around the cast members other projects (Helms filming "the Hangover Part 3," Krasinski contracting for less than a full season, Wilson's potential spinoff).

14. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I must defend Lena Dunman's hotness here. I watched the pilot and fell madly in love with her. Except for the tatoos. And her personality hangups. But what a cute face!

15. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

You think they'd at least re-film the cold open considering Jim shouldn't really be in the Office...much less his own chair. It really took me out of the episode, in fact I thought I was watching a rerun at first...he even had an older hair cut!

16. Yoda

You're joking of course. Haha. Good one. With the Office being so lacking this week, I needed the humor. <3

17. Guy Gardener

Seeing Lena playing ping pong naked, and then an interview on the daily Show (probably) months later on the same evening, she has reduced in size considerably after the completion of this season of her show... Not that that matters.

Besides, Lena is hot foremost because she is arguably a creative genius.

18. Yoda

The winning side of that argument, of course, is to call her a privileged, pretentious snotcreature.

19. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Anyway, getting back to the Office, that sequence with Dwight an d Angela on 2/14 hosing down his aunt...I'm sorry but I grew up watching "Green Acres," and that was a piss poor imitation.

20. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Lena Dunham is hot. Period. :p