NFL 2013 Off-Season Discussion

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Use of Time, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ar-Pharazon

Ar-Pharazon Admiral Premium Member

It was also on Ch7 news earlier (admittedly the same source). Sounds like more than a rumor this time, though a tryout doesn't mean a lot.

If he were in shape & could be halfway decent, what other backups are there? The Bears have been great at having really bad backup QB's over the years.

2. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Michael Vick doesn't like splitting reps with Nick Foles

Then cry me a fucking river. Maybe if you weren't a turnover-prone headcase who has been completely self-destructive the past two years during any blitz the past two years you wouldn't find yourself in a Quarterback competition. But, since you are, you have to share reps in practice.

3. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

He has a life in cough syrup commercials.

4. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

5. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can think of far worse places for Tebow to land. There will be zero QB controversy and no pressure on Tebow to do anything but sit back and learn. And honestly, if he can't learn how to be consistent under Brady and Belichick, then there really is no hope for him. While I do think he would have been a better backup in a location like SanFran, Washington, or Seattle, I do think that he has a good opportunity in New England.

6. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

The latest news has New England playing Tebow at QB only and not at any other positions as has been speculated. If that's the case, looks like archeryguy1701's correct. The Belichick and his coaches are taking a gamble and hoping they can develop him into a viable NFL QB.

7. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

McGahee to no surprise released by the Broncos. I've been pretty high on Montee Ball in terms on RL and fantasy production, anyone in Denver know more about this guy?

8. Garak

So Aaron Hernandez should probably find a safehouse and lay low for a while. He's wanted for murder.

9. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that story is headed south in a hurry. Latest reports involve someone noting that a cleaning crew left his house the night before cops searched the place, and then when asked to turn over security camera footage and his cell phone, cops were handed a couple of intentionally smashed electronics. If he's totally innocent, he's choosing an interesting way of showing it.

Optimistically, best I can hope for at the moment is that he was THERE, but not the one that shot. Even that's not great, but pretty obvious that he's in this one pretty deep. Drug deal gone bad?

10. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

The 19th anniversary of OJ Simpson's 405 car chase was the other day. I watched a video on ESPN with footage from back then, and Al Michaels (a friend of OJ's) was quoted at the time as saying these are not the actions of an innocent man.

Hernandez seems to be in this same situation.

11. Green Shirt

Green Shirt Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Where have we seen this type of situation before??? Funny there's no apparent outrage from public opinion directed toward Hernandez. Maybe he gets a pass for some reason. :rolleyes:

12. tighr

Aaron Hernandez is doing everything in his power to remove all reasonable doubt as to his actions. This is truly baffling.

13. Garak

I've seen some outrage directed towards Hernandez, in the vein of "what a fucking idiot, why would you screw up a good, well paying life" to "he's nothing but a gangbanger, this idiot was bound to slip up sooner or later".

What makes you think he would be getting a pass and for what reason?

14. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Well, Aaron Hernandez isn't that big a star (if you don't really follow the NFL, you probably have no idea who he is) and he hasn't done anything spectacularly attention getting in public, unlike OJ. He might be in the midst of the greatest display of self-destructive stupidity ever, but unless he blows up his house, no one will really notice.

15. Obiwansolo18

Obiwansolo18 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hernandez was taken into custody, I see kraft ripping up that contract by 12 oclock. This is a riduclous that a professional, would think even after that OJ mess that hed be in clear. He obviously isnt ray lewis so he'll be going to jail.

16. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Patriots released him. Get on the horn Jerry!

17. tighr

That was fast. Really fast.

Seen on Twitter: Even the Patriots have a faster release than Tim Tebow.

18. the 4th hanson bro

the 4th hanson bro No one can resist my Schweddy Balls Admiral

Clearing the way for Tebow to play TE?

19. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

Who the fuck is Brady going to throw it to this year? The end zone militia?

20. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Wow, they charged him with murder.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.