Resurrection = Season 2

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Morpheus 02, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Surprised no one posted yet. It had its season premiere tonight, 2 weeks ahead of The Walking Dead (the obvious rival which airs at the same time on AMC, rather than ABC).

Speaking of TWD, it's nice to know the producers realize the obvious comparisons....

Hopefully someone will post a screen cap of the newspaper which read something like "Walking Dead in Arcadia", with the subheading talking about Zombies.

Really appreciate that, but will still see TWD live, and Resurrection later.

Seems like a solid season opener, though it took forever to let Bellamy know the obvious -- he's one of them.

Lots of new mysteries introduced...let's see where it goes!

2. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

I saw it last night. Did seem like an anti climatic solution to lasts seasons cliffhanger. The solders just left, took all the returned with out families with them, and everything seems kinda normal in town (for the most part). You knew from the beginning Bellemy was resurrected, but, would this make it his second resurrection (like the pregnant woman) since it was implied that he was one of the returned sons last season?

3. Morpheus 02

Definitely his second time (at least)....but how long ago was his family swept up in that flood? Seems like at least a 20 year gap, if not more, since he was resurrected. How did he not remember? And how many others got resurrected early...

4. dansigal

dansigal Captain Captain

If i remember correctly, the son that that family was looking for was just an infant or a toddler, so it's likely Bellamy's first resurrection was 30 years ago or whatever and he just was found as an orphan or what not. There'd be nothing for him to remember.

5. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

How do we counteract the overacting of Omar Epps? Counter it with the dullness of Donna Murphy.

I'm glad they went with outsiders believing it to be a hoax, but we once again have the shady government (or not) agency working in the background. I'll hold my breath, but that is a tired old cliche.

6. Danny99

It looks like they are taking the Under The Dome path of adding new characters because their original characters were uninteresting. The mother is apparently a horrible person who covered up a mass murder?

7. Morpheus 02

So everyone watched Walking Dead last night? I haven't watched Resurrection yet either, probably later tonight

8. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I started watching season one yesterday before TWD came on. Got through episode 3 of season 1. It's decent enough - much better than Under the Dome.

Question - do they resolve by the end of season 1 how the reincarnated folks could exist in both their caskets and be alive?

Also, I'm really hoping the show doesn't run with the these people are aliens plot line.

9. Danny99

No aliens, but they did go with the creepy government NID angle.

10. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

The first season is so short they almost resolve nothing, but it does end on a huge cliffhanger that actually gets resolved right away.

11. Danny99

I am happy that they are showing how people are dealing with their returned family members.

I am unhappy that the plot of where they came from has been thrown aside for creepy government agency.

12. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

This past episode was mostly about how people return multiple times. The deputy's bully brother has been killed god knows how many times, and still keeps showing back up to harass his brother. The bones from the river (from the factory actually) were 2 people killed 3 times at least. Kinda interesting. yes, this show is much much better then Under the Dome, there is more heart to it.

Did anyone notice that when Bellemy got the text from the government woman the contact name on his phone is 'Govt Bitch', I thought that was funny. LOL

13. Danny99

The Bellamy character is just poorly written and poorly acted. The show has heart, I'll give it that, but every scene with him in it grinds it to a screeching halt.

14. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

So...
    It's a "choice". And one that can be instantly revoked at any time with all biological traces of the returner's existence vanish with them simply by losing the will to live.
    I would hazard to guess the Shady Government Agency™ involved merely knows that the returners actually exist. I'm not entirely convinced that they actually know why or how and their involvement is a stereotypically ham-fisted and authoritarian attempt at getting answers, including the coercion of Bellamy. There still feels like too much of a metaphysical influence going on here than a rational one, explainable even by television "science".

They payout should (hopefully) be a good one. I honestly don't have a clue who or what is responsible for bringing them back. I hope the writers do... :whistle:

15. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

So the grandmother can make returned people feel like shit and thus vanish, also the sickness removes there will to live it seems. like the deputy's asshole brother. Yeah, this show is weird but holds my interest.

16. Danny99

At least the writers are working to establish some kind of rules for the returned. Now if they could only not write Bellamy as such a whiny little turd.

17. Danny99

Why do we have a plethora of new recurring characters when the stars are so underused?

For instance, this whole anti-returned group. Why do we need Deputy Carl and Elaine's brother? Why can't the Sheriff, who put his faith in his returned wife only to have her vanish, fall into this group in his despair? Or Elaine, whose father returned only to screw her out of a good pay job and then vanish? The two of them have been reduced to this awkward kiss that he tried to plant on her in the season premiere.

Now we have this story line with Tim Bayliss and the evil mother from the latest 24 that we have no background on other than she somehow knew his grandfather burned alive and the grandfather is back and pissed at her.

I've said in the past that this show is Lost without the intrigue and I hold by that point. Multiple story lines can be done if it is done correctly. Half of the main cast is relegated to mere seconds of screen time with no direction.

This show isn't going to survive to Season 3.