The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. J.T.B.

J.T.B. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The only way it would happen like in the episode would be if the gun's breech happened to be open and the grenade fell all the way out the back end. Otherwise, yes, if the breech was locked the explosion and main damage would be confined to the gun.

2. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

^Unless there was a round in the chamber, in which case, yeah. Most likely tank and all the spare ammo go boom.

Even if that's not the case, I'm pretty sure a grenade is significantly more energetic than a shell charge. On it's own it may well be able to detonate the magazine.

3. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

No, it was pretty stupid. It wasn't at all that open of an area, and Meghan was playing in the sand right next to the edge of a wooded area. Barring a zombie coming out of the ground, it was actually really possible that one would come out of the woods and Meghan would still be zombie food.

And Lilly was way too far away from her kid. What was she, like 50 yards away? It's just one of those contrivances so that they could show a cool scene of a zombie coming out of the ground. The show is chock full of them.

4. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Dippy little airhead? We're not talking about Lori or Andrea here, I don't think that's a fair way to describe Beth. :lol:

And it's still not as big of an age gap as Comics!Andrea and Comics!Dale. She's quite a big younger there, I'd say no more than 26. Beth's 18 and Daryl's... let's say 44 for argument, Norman Reedu's age. That's 26 years - uncomfortably large in the regular world, for sure - but still not the 40-ish years and Dale and Andrea. And this is a post-ZA world after all.

It's probably not gonna happen, but it's fun to think about. :devil:

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I actually think Daryl would go the whole "southern gentleman" route and feel a bit honor bound to protect Beth and not get involved with her. Considering his background.

6. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Yeah, there's a lot of fuss being kicked up here over a relationship that doesn't even exist. It's patently obvious where Dayrl's interests lie and she only just got exile. Him being protective of the younger females is nothing new. Remember how he nearly killed himself looking for Sophia? Plus just this last episode, the second or third thought he voices after finding out that Carol is gone is concern for the girls.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I gather getting between women and violence is a habit he picked up young.

7. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

The whole Daryl/Carol thing is so subtle and understated, which is why I appreciate it so much. Shows rarely do that well. I do see what you're saying about post zombie apocalypse expectations and societal mores changing....but I can't see Daryl changing that much that he'd be comfortable romancing a girl who's little more than a child. It's probably an unfair assessment on my part to call her dippy; I think it's her voice. Emily Kinney (at least in character as Beth) sounds soooooo young--like she's 13 or 14 years old and that throws me.

I'm just in dread fear of TPTB forcing some romantic cutesy pie stuff on Daryl when it doesn't fit the character. He's Daryl, not Dylan or Ethan or Ricky Nelson. I don't think they'll go that route, but it doesn't appeal even in theory. Daryl and Carol aren't the youngest, hottest, most beautiful people around. I like the show presenting the possibility that people's feelings can run deeper than the male (co) lead having to be with the hottest young blond available. In a pre-zombie world, would a redneck white supremacist hook up with a plain looking former housewife with 2 "adopted" daughters who's a couple of years older than him? Doubtful. In a post ZA world, two people like that forming a connection out of shared pain is lovely in its own way.

8. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Daryl and Carol are both victims of abuse. They had common ground even without the ZA.

9. thumbtack

thumbtack Commodore Commodore

They won't. Daryl is too awesome to ever get caught blubbering over a mere female. Look at his stone cold reaction to learning Carol was the murderer.

10. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Ooh good points. Really I'm happy whichever way they go, although i'm still not too keen on Carol herself right now.

11. blueskin

blueskin Ensign Red Shirt

12. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The Walking Dead posted these on their Facebook page, ripe for exploitation by shippers...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Dorian Thompson

HA! I like the second pic better. :lol: Oh yeah, Danai Gurai and Norman Reedus posing on the motorcycle together will get some folks worked up into a frenzy. You notice Reedus isn't the interested looking one in either photo.

Actually, I didn't find Daryl's reaction "stone cold." He was like, let's deal with this and "let's find out" what Tyrese will think. He didn't immediately believe Rick's words, either. Then the attack happened and the whole reaction process to what Rick had done was short circuited. Dammit. Though I suppose it's all about eventual payoff. I find it difficult to believe that Melissa McBride is gone for good.

14. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

That would be very interesting. Have Tyreese and Carol meet up and spend time together while caring for the baby, only later to reveal Carol is the killer he is looking for.

Of course I also feel like carol might be covering for Lizzy. Can't wait for the second half of the season!

15. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Really think about this for a second. Carol abandons her self-imposed role as protector of the group in order to take the blame from a clear and present danger to them? Nonsense.

16. Dorian Thompson

Not nonsense. Lizzy and Mika's father extracted a promise from Carol. She said she would look after them and protect them. Carol "failed" Sophia. She comes across Lizzy, whom she castigated as "weak" who has done this deed and Carol is no fool. She knows how the group will likely react. She failed one daughter. She feels she can't fail again with her new surrogate child, to whose father she made a solemn promise. Her commitment to her new daughter overrides her self imposed mission to safeguard the other kids.

Psychologically, I could see it. TPTB may not go that route, but it's not so implausible. I still found Daryl's reaction most interesting. Him wanting to get Tyrese's reaction immediately to see how they could deal with the situation--and he didn't entirely buy it. He thought something else might have spurred the situation. All I know is, Carol simply can't be gone for good. There's too much story.

17. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

[​IMG]Hey-- found this photo from the Cool Spoilers blog to complete the "love triangle" (or i guess dismissing the love of another shots)

Yeah..it felt like they addressed because they knew they had to (remembering the complaints about waiting for Sophia), and we'll get something bigger next half

18. Venardhi

The group isn't going to exile or execute a 12 year old girl. If she was indeed the murderer, then all Carol accomplished was removing herself from the group and endangering them all both from her lack of being there to "do what needs to be done" and not being there to guide Lizzie. As it is she can't protect them which makes her promise still broken. Carol is far too practical to not see that.

19. Alpha Romeo

Alpha Romeo Vice Admiral Admiral

The group may not...but you're forgetting that the group is made up of individuals. And in the source material, those individuals do some pretty interesting things.

20. Venardhi

And that might be an interesting story to see play out. A lot more interesting and true-to-character than Carol walking away with the knowledge that she is leaving all these people she cared about with a bomb ticking away in their midst.