The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

More holiday fun with Hawkeye and Black Widow. Cookie decorating!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    I can't even trust my figures to open a bag of potato chips without making a huge mess. Your Hawkeye is quite a talented little fella.

"I have an army."

"We have a huge tray of Holiday cookies."

3. Kira's Mom

"I have a tube of icing and perfect aim!"

Too bad I don't have the other Avengers. "Hulk smash puny sugar cookies!"

4. cooleddie74

Don't feel too bad. I don't think many people have the new Hulk figure or figures. Ask OdoWan...I think he's also had trouble finding Hulk Avengers toys since before the movie first came out. Hulk is supposedly the character that's the hardest to find in stores and continues to be so.

5. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Actually, the Avengers figures all got excellent distribution after the last Wal-Mart resets. Hulk and Hawkeye were practically impossible to find for months, but now you can walk into any Wal-Mart and find them.

6. cooleddie74

Well, not most of them in my area ;) but that's cool to know that Hulks can be found now. I remember you and other collectors justifiably bemoaning the tremendous difficulty in finding a couple of the figures in the movie assortment...Hulk was the Darth Malgus of the Avengers line for a good while.

7. Kira's Mom

I had the special 8-pack (Avengers plus Loki and Fury) on my amazon wish list...and apparently Mom has already bought it for me. :techman: So soon I'll have them all...plus duplicates of Hawkeye and Black Widow. :lol:

8. cooleddie74

Nice! Sounds like she got the Walmart Black Friday Value Pack that was only $25. The Avengers one seemed to be in better supply and have superior selection to many of the Star Wars ones during the same sale.

The best Star Wars Value Packs either weren't stocked at all or sold out in a matter of minutes.

9. cooleddie74

The first image of four of the 2013 Class I vehicles with figures in the upcoming green Yoda packaging.

These are analagous to the Sith Speeder, STAP and Clone BARC Speeder sets that have been sitting on shelves for most of this past year only considerably more interesting.

The MTT Droid Fighter pod/craft with the new Obi-Wan and blue Battle Droid (Pilot) figures is my favorite of the assortment. We haven't gotten a movie-style, realistic blue pilot Battle Droid in over a decade (the last one came out in the Episode I mini-vehicle line) and that Obi-Wan is the one with the startlingly realistic Ewan McGregor head that was just released in the "Duel on Naboo" Battle Pack. He's a brand new sculpt.

10. OdoWanKenobi

I guess my local TRU had been stashing some Vintage Collection cases in the back, or something. I walked in today and found several that I had missed out on that had never been there before. Picked up Dr Evezan, Wedge, and Lightsaber Construction Luke. It was a good day.

11. cooleddie74

Good haul, my friend. Congrats. :techman:

Hey, check your Lightsaber Construction Luke and see if it's the one with the paler skin on his face and hands. There are two versions of Deleted Scenes Luke: the slightly more ruddy and tan version that came out early in the year and a paler Luke that was part of a production run that was released in the Dr. Evazan and Grand Moff Tarkin waves months later. The plastic used for the head and hands was different the second time around.

The difference is pretty obvious under good lighting conditions. I'd be curious to know which one you have.

Here's a link to show you the difference:

Pale Luke vs. Tanner Luke

12. OdoWanKenobi

Mine definitely looks like the tan one. That's interesting, considering you said the paler ones came out in the Evezan wave.

13. cooleddie74

Yeah, I'm surprised you got a tan Luke from the Evazan assortment. Everything I've read says that the pale variant started coming out with Evazan's case assortment and really hit in better numbers with the Tarkin wave. By the time Tarkin came out all the new Lukes in stores were pale (if you could even find the things to begin with).

I guess it's possible you found one of the Evazan cases that got a tan Luke instead. Either way, congrats. What do you think of Wedge? People either adore him or they think he's a shameless recycle of an older Luke X-Wing body with a new head (the body comes from the 2006 Vintage Saga figure and still has the hole in his belt to plug in Luke's lightsaber hilt). I really like him. They did a good job with Denis Lawson's face and hair if you ask me.

14. OdoWanKenobi

Well, the head is pretty good, but yeah I instantly recognized that body. Can Wedge ever get a figure that is all new? I mean come on, certainly Wedge of all characters deserves that. As it is, he's my least favorite of the three. He's still not a bad figure, though.

15. cooleddie74

Agreed. Very good, but not great. Too many recycled parts for the character after all these years.

16. OdoWanKenobi

Ok, one thing about Luke is bugging me. I'm always for more articulation, but putting in those odd ball wrists make it look like he's having a serious allergic reaction or something, and they're swelling up.

17. cooleddie74

I know. They're incredibly annoying to look at. I don't know why on earth they couldn't engineer ball wrists that don't look like Luke's developing edema or elephantitis of the hands and wrists. Other figures and other Lukes don't have these things.

It's a magnificent figure for the most part (his hair is parted on the wrong side but we'll overlook that because Hasbro was given enough flak for it at the past couple of toy cons) but those wrists look like he's been in some horrible accident and broke them....that or he's having an allergic reaction to the cybernetic hand he was given at the end of Empire and it spread to his other wrist, too.

18. nightwind1

nightwind1 Commodore Commodore

Found this, and just wanted to share it...

HAPPY HANUKWANZMAS!!

[​IMG]

19. cooleddie74

:lol:

I saw that over on Facebook....it's great, isn't it? Love the Three Wise Vaders.

20. Kira's Mom

Love the Batman angel! :guffaw: